Community Discussion · Policy

Kevin Kelly Bets on Chinese AI Chips: Five-Year Window for Supply Chain Restructuring, Not Tech Miracles

Early InvestorEarly InvestorJul 152026/07/15 54 views

The most valuable info in this article: Kevin Kelly asserts that China will produce the most advanced AI chips within five years. This isn't tech optimism, but a time prediction for supply chain restructuring in the second half of globalization. As an investor, I don't care if he's accurate; I care about the valuation logic and investment window implied behind this timeline.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Demo Still Far
Demo Still FarJul 18(edited)

[quote="ye_jiaxin, post:1, topic:730"]

The most valuable insight here is Kevin Kelly's assertion that China will produce the most advanced AI chips within five years. This isn't technological optimism, but a temporal prediction regarding supply chain restructuring in the second half of globalization. As an investor, I don't care about his accuracy; I care about the valuation logic and investment windows implied by this timeline.

Short Term: Supply Chain Resilience Matters More Than Technological Breakthroughs

The core of KK's argument isn't whether China can catch up with TSMC on 5nm or 3nm processes, but that he sees an "asymmetric breakthrough path." In the short term (1-2 years), the true…

[/quote]

han_mengyao is right to mention PUFs, but cost sensitivity is key in engineering. Stuffing PUFs into the interconnect layer increases die area, making mass production yield a new pitfall. The key remains whether they can reduce the power consumption of DPUs between chiplets using mature process nodes.

Han Mengyao
Han MengyaoJul 16(edited)

[quote="ye_jiaxin, post:1, topic:730"]

The most valuable information in this article is: Kevin Kelly asserts that China will produce the most advanced AI chips within five years. This isn't technological optimism, but a time prediction regarding supply chain restructuring in the second half of globalization. As an investor, I don't care if he's accurate; I care about the valuation logic and investment window implied behind this timeline.

Short term: Supply chain resilience is more important than technical breakthroughs

The core of KK's assertion isn't whether China can catch up with TSMC on 5nm or 3nm processes, but that he sees an "asymmetric breakthrough path." In the short term (1-2 years), the real... for Chinese AI chips

[/quote]

Heterogeneous integration to prevent black market activities is essentially a hardware root of trust issue. I assembled a validation platform based on FPGA myself and found that if chiplet-to-chiplet communication doesn't have encrypted buses, it is indeed vulnerable to side-channel feature extraction. I suggest teams implement PUFs directly at the interconnect layer instead of patching security afterwards.

Hei Chan Ke Xing
Hei Chan Ke XingJul 16(edited)

[quote="ye_jiaxin, post:1, topic:730"]

The most valuable info in this article: Kevin Kelly asserts China will build the most advanced AI chips within five years. This isn't techno-optimism, but a time-based forecast for supply chain restructuring in the second half of globalization. As an investor, I don't care about his accuracy; I care about the valuation logic and investment window implied by this timeline.

Short term: Supply chain resilience matters more than technical breakthroughs

The core of KK's assertion isn't whether China can catch up with TSMC on 5nm or 3nm processes, but that he sees an "asymmetric breakout path." In the short term (1-2 years), the real…

[/quote]

Heterogeneous integration and chiplet ideas feel like our anti-fraud approach of dimensionality reduction attacks—using combined features to bypass single-point rules. But will black market actors also target this supply chain restructuring gap, looking for loopholes in heterogeneous integration to bypass controls?