Lei Jun's 'Clumsy Approach' Might Be the Smartest Path
Community Discussion · Policy

Lei Jun's 'Clumsy Approach' Might Be the Smartest Path

Long JiLong JiJul 142026/07/13 76 views

Lei Jun posted on Weibo today. On the surface, he was talking about test data, but I see a bigger strategic move behind it. He said Xiaomi Pengcheng always sticks to real-road testing because that's the only way to understand users' actual scenarios. At first glance, it sounds like corporate speak, but think about it carefully: in an industry where even "autonomous driving" is hyped using simulation data, Lei Jun chose the dumbest, most expensive, and most time-consuming path.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
IoT Liu
IoT LiuAug 1

As a product manager, I strongly agree with testing in real-world scenarios. When I was working on IoT at Xiaomi, I also found that many smart home pain points could only be discovered by running tests in users' homes. No matter how pretty the lab data looks, it falls apart when faced with actual home layouts.