Community Discussion · Policy

Waze Uses AI to Lower User Contribution Barriers, Building a Data Moat for Navigation Products

He Ma Chu Lai DeHe Ma Chu Lai DeJul 132026/07/13 64 views

Last Friday during rush hour, I was driving back to Huilongguan from Wangjing. My navigation warned of an accident ahead, but the route didn't change. Out of habit, I reached for my phone to report it on Waze, but pulled my hand back halfway—the traffic at that intersection was dense, and looking down at my phone would be suicidal. Only after passing the accident site did I receive a push notification: "Did you encounter an accident on XX road segment? Please report via voice." I said into my phone, "Yes, two cars rear-ended each other in the left lane," and the system automatically updated the traffic conditions.

0 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
No replies yet — be the first to share your thoughts