WorkBuddy Personal vs Enterprise: My Two-Day Side-by-Side Test
Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Personal vs Enterprise: My Two-Day Side-by-Side Test

TangTang2d ago2026/10/01 120 views

For handling spreadsheets and documents alone, the WorkBuddy personal version is enough. The extra stuff in the enterprise version is 90% about permissions and logs, which is for backing up multi-person collaboration.

Today after the night shift, I scrolled past a Tencent Cloud event push saying AI architects can give on-site or online WorkBuddy hands-on sessions, customize agent deployment plans based on enterprise size, and include live Skills demos and employee training. I swiped away halfway through, but the words 'custom deployment' reminded me of the Enterprise version I've been trying these days. I've used the personal version for two months, and I first touched the enterprise version last Friday—less than a week so far.

The difference between installing and configuring

The personal version basically needs no configuration after installation. Open WorkBuddy, top right Settings → Working Directory, change the default path to a dedicated folder, like D:workschedules. This step is crucial. I didn't change it initially, and it would find files on the hard drive itself, digging into things I never intended it to see. After changing, I only put desensitized schedule CSVs (comma-separated table files) and Excel into this folder, and that's all it reads.

How to use it daily. I split the night shift schedule into three segments: first have it read the raw table, then generate a night shift summary, finally merge into a master table. Only let it do one thing at a time, and the output is accurate. Previously I always wanted to state all requirements at once, but it ended up messy.

The enterprise version has an extra layer. During installation, it asks you to choose a deployment method: cloud or local. Our department chose local, so data doesn't leave the hospital intranet. After installation, enter the Management Console; the first thing is to build the organizational structure, grouping people by department, then permissions.

This permission part connects exactly with what I wrote last month. The personal version only has switches; the enterprise version has three behaviors: allow / ask / deny, configured in rules. allow is direct pass, ask pops up a question each time, deny is direct refusal. I rearranged it according to the night shift process: reading schedules gets allow, writing files gets ask, touching the system drive and network requests gets deny. Configure once, basically no need to manage afterward.

Collaboration and operations

The personal version has no collaboration—it's just you.

The enterprise version can assign roles; I divided into three. Regular nurses can only view and download, team leaders can modify their own team's tables, head nurses can modify all. Who can see and who can modify is all a few clicks in the console, no more passing files around. Passing files—our department had trouble before, two versions of tables mixed up, and no one could say who changed what.

Logs are what I value most. The enterprise version has an audit record for every operation: who had WorkBuddy touch which file and when, all traced.

I plan to spend ten minutes every Friday going through it, mainly checking if any ask was mistakenly approved. This habit can't be cultivated with the personal version; once there are more people, you can't avoid it.

Two pitfalls to mention. First, don't randomly enable conversation memory. At the end of August, I imported previously written scheduling prompts as old memory, and it reused the residual garbled text inside, resulting in tables with half historical text. Clearing and restarting fixed it. Now my approach is to manually clear the context after each task. Second, don't put the working directory on the desktop for convenience; desktop files are too messy, and it easily misreads—I learned this the hard way once, with other document content mixed into the summary.

My environment is hospital intranet plus local deployment, which may not apply to everyone. But one thing I'm quite sure of: permissions and logs—these two are useless in the personal version, but once there are more people, you can't avoid them.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Zhe Dan Bai De

I'll accept writing files to ask, but how does the wet lab side sync their handover records into the log? The dry and wet teams not being able to reconcile accounts is the real gap.

Slippage
Slippage2d ago

That ask mis-approval part — live trading and backtesting are two different things. Miss one log entry and you could rack up extra slippage.