WorkBuddy Merges Multiple Files in a Workspace and They Get Misaligned — Did I Miss a Setting?
Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Merges Multiple Files in a Workspace and They Get Misaligned — Did I Miss a Setting?

ZhiyuanZhiyuan4d ago2026/09/29 135 views

Friday night I saw the news about PKULaw releasing Fabao Lingjing, which mentioned a joint enterprise application release with Tencent WorkBuddy, and that Fabao's MCP has already been connected into entry points like WorkBuddy. I didn't pay much attention to the news itself, but it reminded me of my workspace that's been stuck for two days.

From my own use, I've been using WorkBuddy for about a month, and I only got hands-on with the workspace feature these past few days. What I want to do isn't complicated: put the attachments of three supplier framework agreements, several similar-case search materials, plus two reimbursement screenshots into the same workspace, and compile them into a ledger. I listed the fields in advance: contract number, counterparty entity, signing date, disputed clause, source attachment—five columns.

First I created a folder and dropped them in, clicked auto-categorize. I also tried writing out the fields one by one in the chat box and having it fill by column. In the resulting table, two entries in the contract number column shifted under counterparty entity, and the signing date column showed some as text and some as numbers. I thought it was a template issue and rebuilt it, but it was the same. It popped up a prompt once, something about a file having insufficient permissions and being unreadable—when I looked back, that file was clearly sitting in the folder.

What's more awkward is the second round. I only asked it to change one date format, and it went ahead and also changed a disputed clause summary I hadn't asked it to touch. The change looked quite plausible, but it didn't match the original text. I used to think that with tools, you just give enough instructions, but now I somewhat suspect that with this workspace thing you have to lock down the input-output boundaries and permissions first, otherwise it'll go and fill things in on its own initiative.

Has anyone run into this? Is it that I didn't lock the fields, or that the workspace permissions need to be configured first? Also, one more question: now that Fabao's MCP is connected, does that mean future similar-case searches in WorkBuddy can be traced directly to Fabao's legal database?

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
I am Dapeng

Listen to me—the fact that it modified the disputed clause you didn't tell it to touch means the workspace output boundary isn't locked. Don't merge yet.

Ming Ming Bu Gui Fan

You only changed the date, but it went ahead and changed the disputed clause too — that shows the output boundary isn't locked down at all. This should be checked before the serialization issue.