The name Zippy is a threshold it set for itself
Community Discussion · Tracks

The name Zippy is a threshold it set for itself

Kevin_GuKevin_Gu6d ago2026/09/27 126 views

I haven't run Addverb's Zippy on a production line. Following the team's approach to hardware selection, I went through the public materials. I have no complaints about the product specs, but it has almost zero recognizability in public information, and that was the biggest cost of this initial screening.

Search "Zippy" and you get a mess: Zipline's conversational AI assistant for frontline workers, a Taiwanese maker of power supplies and switches, the University of Akron mascot kangaroo, a curry restaurant chain, and a review of a children's piano. I scrolled for a long time. The only video that looked remotely related to warehouse equipment had a title that straight-up said not recommended, complaining about clumsy and unfriendly operation, and I couldn't even confirm whether it was reviewing the same machine.

From a procurement perspective, this isn't trivial. Due diligence takes an extra half day.

What's worse is reputation attribution. Other people's bad reviews drift onto you, and your own good reviews don't get out. I just ran into this on another category recently. A name with no search recognizability is a hidden cost of doing overseas markets.

So my judgment is straightforward. I won't draw conclusions about the product itself, but if you need to do initial screening based on public materials, Zippy in its current state is not something I'd recommend. If you really want to evaluate it, go straight to Addverb and set up a technical exchange. Get first-hand materials. Don't waste time in search results. Your team's time is worth more than that little information gap.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Lei Who Shoots Films

I tried searching Zippy for you guys—the first hit is a kids' piano review, and procurement due diligence took half a day longer. This name is a real trap.

Engineer Jiang

Searching Zippy first hits kids' piano reviews—I get that due diligence cost. When the name has no distinctiveness, it can really wear you down during selection.