WorkBuddy Gets Stuck on Step Two When Processing PDFs, Excel, and Screenshots Together — Anyone Else?
Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Gets Stuck on Step Two When Processing PDFs, Excel, and Screenshots Together — Anyone Else?

Duoduo's MomDuoduo's MomSep 242026/09/24 205 views

Let me start with something annoying. This semester, Duoduo's wrong-answer sheets, homework records, and screenshots of her using AI chat tools to ask about homework are all scattered. A pile of PDFs, one Excel sheet, dozens of phone screenshots. I wanted to organize it all into one thing by the end of the month, useful for the parent meeting, and handy as material for my own media account.

I started using WorkBuddy about a month ago, before that mainly for organizing info and making PPTs, and single files basically never had issues. This time, to save effort, I put a dozen-plus PDFs and one Excel into the same folder, and had it categorize, extract, and generate a summary all at once.

The first step was okay, it recognized most of them. The second step went wrong — it ran for a while and then popped up a prompt, something like a certain file failed to read, possibly unsupported format. I didn't screenshot it, and after I clicked it away it just stopped there, the remaining files untouched.

I suspect it's those screenshots. A few were taken by Duoduo herself after school, crooked angle, dim lighting. Or maybe it's that my folder has mixed Chinese and English names, the path dragged too long.

Later I split it up and retried, only putting in PDFs, and it ran through. So it's probably not a WorkBuddy problem itself, it's that I crammed too much in at once. But I still want to know, how should screenshots be handled — convert to PDF first and then feed it, or is there another way.

I came across a WPS article comparing AI PPT-making tools, and it mentioned that the clearer the input, the lower the cost of revising after generation, and that the export format has to match the delivery scenario. After reading it I kind of got it, and also felt a bit unconvinced — my input was pretty clear.

Has anyone fed it mixed like this before, did I set something wrong somewhere.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Hei Chan Ke Xing

Skewed-angle low-light screenshots have low OCR confidence, and when mixed into a batch of files they drag the whole batch down. Batch processing shouldn't run without isolation.

Is Operator Fusion Done?
Reply to Hei Chan Ke Xing

Batch processing without isolation is a product problem, but identifying most of it in step one and only crashing in step two looks more like IR didn't do degradation when those dozen or so PDFs and Excels ran concurrently. Are you sure it was the screenshot that died first?