WorkBuddy attachment descriptions misaligned in review packages - did I overcomplicate it?
Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy attachment descriptions misaligned in review packages - did I overcomplicate it?

Tang Ping Xiao YueTang Ping Xiao YueSep 212026/09/21 193 views

What I'm reflecting on now is whether an AI can truly take over the entire process of organizing, generating, and formatting government submission packages in one go.

With my boss away, I saw an article about AI writing—from searching for materials to layout and publishing—and got tempted to try throwing our monthly summary submission package into it. Our department's required materials are scattered across Word, Excel, PDFs, and a few screenshots.

Originally, I just wanted WorkBuddy to standardize attachment names and maybe generate an attachment description. Instead, I clicked a button like "Smart Generate," dumped the whole folder in, and asked it to output based on main text, ledgers, approval documents, and attachment descriptions.

It did produce something, but I feel the trouble has gone beyond simple surface-level debugging. It rearranged the relationships between the materials in the submission package. Excel headers were used as attachment titles, PDF approval pages ended up after the screenshots, and the reference relationships in the descriptions didn't match the originals. It effectively rewrote the responsibility chain of "which material corresponds to which description."

I've been using WorkBuddy for about a month. Previously, I thought it was good for moving and categorizing things, but now I'm unsure again. Is it true that for multi-component government materials, you can't let it handle both generation and layout at once? You probably need to lock the originals first and then organize step-by-step. Maybe I didn't select boundaries like "organize only, don't rewrite," but I don't quite understand at which step it started making its own decisions.

Has anyone tried splitting the submission package into "categorize first, then generate descriptions, finally manual formatting"? At which step is it safest for WorkBuddy to take over? Will it overwrite originals like AI reviews do, making version tracking harder? Did I set something up wrong?

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Slippage
SlippageSep 21

Don't trust one-click generation. It's just like slippage in live trading. Misaligned citation relationships are the biggest risk. You have to lock down the source files and run it step by step.

48hXiaotong

Don't let it rewrite the chain of responsibility. I usually only let AI generate the explanatory text, and then manually grind through the citation relationships at the end.