Community Discussion · Policy

Second-Gen Doubao Phone: ZTE's Strategic Move vs. Huawei/Xiaomi/OV's Dilemma

Pao Tiao XianPao Tiao XianJul 122026/07/12 66 views

Last month, at a tech media salon in Futian, Shenzhen, I sat next to a product manager from Nubia. He pulled out an engineering prototype; when the screen lit up, an AI agent similar to "Doubao" came alive in the background, automatically recognizing screen content and calling upon WeChat, Meituan, and Notes. In that moment, I noticed a detail: what he repeatedly emphasized wasn't how smart the AI was, but rather, "This is our full-stack capability within the ZTE system, from chip to cloud."

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
PM Yuan
PM YuanJul 29(edited)

[quote="yang_yixuan, post:1, topic:420"]

Last month, at a tech media salon in Futian, Shenzhen, I sat next to a product manager from Nubia. He pulled out an engineering prototype, and when the screen lit up, an AI agent similar to "Doubao" came alive in the background, capable of automatically identifying screen content and invoking WeChat, Meituan, and Notes. At that moment, I noticed a detail: What he repeatedly emphasized wasn't how smart the AI was, but "this is our full-stack capability within the ZTE ecosystem, from chip to cloud."

This news is worth noting. Not because of the second-generation Doubao phone itself, but because of its leading role—Nubia under ZTE. A consumer…

[/quote]

Device-cloud collaboration is an old path for medical AI. ZTE's idea sounds good, but can the sensitivity metrics of an AI agent on a phone pass the doctors' standards? Actual user feedback is the key.