
After Using WorkBuddy for Less Than a Month, I Realize It's Not Here to Replace WMS, But to Save My Late-Night Spreadsheet Grind
Used WorkBuddy for less than a month. It didn't make decisions for me, but it turned my late-night group chat archaeology into an actionable task list.
Brothers. I've been using WorkBuddy for less than a month. It hasn't reduced how much I manage the warehouse, nor has it made any business decisions for me. What it changed was that period after 11 PM where I'd dig through group chats, organizing stuff scattered across WeChat, email, scanned documents, screenshots, and Excel files during the day into a checklist I could verify, assign, and hand off. I just started using WorkBuddy Enterprise a week ago; now I'm more concerned about whether it can track who verified what, who edited it, and which version counts as final.
I've recently seen some AI tool comparisons saying ChatGPT, Claude, and Gemini each have their strengths. I don't disagree. For people writing proposals, making PPTs, or researching, they are indeed useful. But for someone like me managing a warehouse with over thirty people, the scariest thing at night is forty-plus messages in the group chat. Customer order change screenshots, delivery note photos, PDF scans, system export tables, forklift repair records, temporary transfer instructions—it's all piled up. If you ask it to "do a business analysis," it gives you three paragraphs of pretty talk, which is useless. What I need is abnormal order numbers, responsible teams, deadlines, who follows up, and what needs my confirmation.
WorkBuddy is suitable for a temporary task layer, not a long-term ledger
My judgment might be blunt: WorkBuddy's strength lies in the middle layer. Unlike platform-based systems that store data long-term, or reporting tools that generate fixed templates on schedule, WorkBuddy is more like an assistant that handles miscellaneous office tasks—documents, spreadsheets, emails, PPTs, data analysis, file organization. It can handle them all.
I tested this by processing tables late at night. The materials were about twenty items, including WeChat images, scans, and several Excel files. Previously, when I organized the exception follow-up table myself, I had to open each file, find the order number, copy-paste, check the customer, then look at the responsible team—taking about an hour. Now, I first let WorkBuddy extract fields.
The fields are fixed: order number, customer, SKU, quantity, exception type, responsible team, deadline, and whether supervisor confirmation is needed.
This step is crucial. I also fell into pitfalls initially. In previous posts, I mentioned mixing PDFs, screenshots, and chat logs together, resulting in a messy output. Later, I learned to be smarter: let it do one thing at a time. First separate sources, then extract fields, then summarize. Don't just say "generate today's operations report" right away; that task is too vague, and AI tends to break it down chaotically.
In my testing, after running it step-by-step, the first-round extraction hit rate is about 80%. The remaining 20% issues are mainly handwritten notes, tilted delivery notes, and small text in screenshots. After corrections, I can export a CSV or Excel in about ten minutes. This speed is very practical in a warehouse. Warehouses fear most when temporary tasks arise and no one has the bandwidth to fill in gaps outside the system. As long as WorkBuddy runs, confirm first, then execute.
It saves time converting human speech into tables
I think the difference between WorkBuddy and general chat tools is that it's closer to office task workflows. Tools like ChatGPT can help explain inventory turnover rates or write customer replies, but they don't necessarily naturally organize thirty images from today's group chat into an exception follow-up table. WorkBuddy can. At least it paved the road from "files in" to "tables out."
I tried several scenarios.
Customer Order Change Organization. This is the most practical. Receiving customer order changes at night involves mixed screenshots, PDFs, emails, and Excel files. I create a folder for the day, name it 2026-09-15 Order Changes, and dump the materials in. First, let it extract according to a fixed template, then I confirm. After confirmation, I let it generate a task description for the team leader. The description doesn't need to be fancy—three sentences: how many exceptions today, which storage zone they're concentrated in, and who is responsible for resolving them by what time.
Emails and Notifications. We send order change confirmations to customers; previously, we had to copy things multiple times.
Now, I let it generate email body text from the spreadsheet draft, and I only edit key numbers. It writes emails faster than I can type on my phone, but it cannot commit to delivery dates for me—that must be checked manually.
Handover Checklist. Warehouses fear verbal handovers at night the most. Previously, if I said "remember to follow up on those few orders today," they were easily forgotten the next day. Now, WorkBuddy organizes unfinished items for the day into a to-do list, including order numbers, responsible teams, deadlines, and who needs to confirm. I only make judgments; after confirming, I post it to the group.
Equipment Repair Records. Forklift, packing machine, and scanner faults used to be scattered across photos, chat logs, and quotes. I let it extract equipment name, fault symptoms, responsible party, and deadline, then manually add a note like "can it still be used?" This table isn't complex, but it avoids arguments the next morning.
Weekly and Daily Reports. I've also used Jigsaw Report, FineBI, and ChatExcel; they have their own ways of making charts. WorkBuddy's strength is assembling daily report drafts from messy materials. You give it raw records, it outputs a table first, then you pass it to reporting tools for visualization. This combination works well.
File Organization. Don't underestimate this feature. Warehouse file naming is terrible, often things like "New Folder," "111," or "Scan." I let it suggest categorization by date, customer, and exception type, which saves a lot of time. However, it only suggests; before renaming, I still need to review because getting one customer name wrong makes everything unfindable later.
But WorkBuddy has clear boundaries. Its output is just a draft; it doesn't enter the business ledger, nor does it make delivery date decisions for me. I don't let it touch approvals or reconciliation. Reconciliation errors involve money; I prefer to verify that myself.
Who it's for, who it's not for
WorkBuddy is suitable for people drowned in miscellaneous materials every day, such as warehouse team leaders, operations staff, admin, project coordinators, and foreign trade follow-ups. Their pain point is turning a pile of scattered files into one usable table. WorkBuddy adds value here.
It's not suitable for those expecting it to clean up data governance overnight. My view hasn't changed much since before. AI tools are better suited for processing scattered information and generating lists for confirmation, not for fully automated data governance or business decision-making. Especially when inputs mix various sources, it's easy to mess up task breakdowns. If you want it to work, don't throw a bunch of unstructured stuff at it all at once.
My current usage is quite primitive: manually sort piles first, then let WorkBuddy extract fields, then manually confirm, and finally export the table. It looks like more steps, but it's actually faster. Because previously I was searching, copying, and thinking simultaneously; now it helps me copy and categorize, leaving me to only make judgments.
As for WorkBuddy Enterprise, I've only used it for a week and am still testing multi-person collaboration and permission boundaries. In the warehouse, the biggest fear is one table being edited by three people, ending with no one knowing which version is correct. If the Enterprise edition can solve versioning, permissions, and audit trails, it can move towards small-team workflows. But I dare not say it's mature yet; I can only say the direction is right.
Physix Frontier