A factory with tens of thousands of units goes live—don't just watch the hype
Just saw news that UBTECH's factory in Liuzhou has started production, claiming one industrial humanoid robot rolls off the line every 10 minutes, with planned annual capacity exceeding 10,000 units. I can't physically test the production line, but I've been filming robot dog videos lately, and I've had hands-on experience with humanoid robots for less than a week. The feeling is direct: making a robot walk or wave isn't hard. What's hard is making it perform the same task continuously without getting stuck or causing issues.
Ten-thousand-unit scale capacity pushes robots a step further from showroom prototypes. Factories care about takt time, yield rates, and fault recovery; beautiful shots at launch events don't solve these. The official figure is off-line speed, which at least indicates manufacturing is starting to operate with industrial product logic. Audiences want to see if it can cause fewer disruptions on real production lines.
In my testing, the trickiest parts for these robots are switching tasks, setting safety boundaries, and handling exceptions. Factories building the machines is just the first step. Whether they can work stably depends on customer site data.
So I suggest monitoring closely but not deifying it yet. Starting production shows manufacturing is ramping up volume, but there's still a gap to mature products. Let's wait for real delivery records and operational logs.
Physix Frontier