After WorkBuddy organized meeting attachments, I realized the real time-saver is eliminating manual transfer
Community Discussion · Company Watch

After WorkBuddy organized meeting attachments, I realized the real time-saver is eliminating manual transfer

Tang Ping Xiao YueTang Ping Xiao YueSep 122026/09/12 99 views

Title: After WorkBuddy helped me organize acceptance materials, I realized what truly saved time was the moving part

Last week, my department needed to submit a set of acceptance materials, requiring us to package proposals, contracts, sign-in sheets, photos, acceptance forms, and rectification notes together. The materials were scattered across Word, PDF, Excel, WeChat screenshots, and scans. Previously, I had to manually merge, rename, and check versions. This time, I used WorkBuddy for semi-automatic organization, incorporating the lesson from before: "Don't let it handle both generation and layout simultaneously."

WorkBuddy is an AI office efficiency tool capable of handling documents, spreadsheets, and file organization. I've used it for nearly a month and find it suitable for scenarios in government agencies and enterprises where batches of files need repeated organizing, such as acceptance materials, submission lists, and ledger summaries. Humans still need to monitor material judgment and final formatting. What it saves is primarily the "moving" time spent finding scattered pieces, categorizing them, and listing them. It doesn't help much with writing time.

I first defined the boundaries. Opened WorkBuddy, created a new "Acceptance Material Organization" task, selected "File Processing," and uploaded the raw files. The raw materials were unfinalized Words, PDFs, and screenshots, not yet stamped or finalized. After uploading, I checked the file count in the interface to ensure no attachments were missed.

I gave it fixed instructions: read all files, organize them into four categories—"Main Text, Attachments, Receipts, Ledgers," do not modify main text wording, and output a directory list showing filename, source, and potential usage. If duplicate names or date conflicts were found, place them separately in "To Be Confirmed." After running, you see a list categorized into four types, with duplicates listed separately. I previously tried asking it to "output Word in official document format," which resulted in broken tables and messed-up margins. Later, I changed it to only do listing and categorization first, then apply formatting manually in Word at the end.

This configuration is now standard for me. In WorkBuddy, I create three subfolders: 01_Raw_Materials, 02_Machine_Organized, 03_Human_Verified. I drop the day's materials into 01_Raw_Materials, avoiding mixing old templates. In task settings, I check "Generate File List" and "Mark Duplicate Files." If the interface calls it "Deduplication Detection," it finds files with highly similar names or content; if not found, I add "List duplicates or version conflicts" in the prompt. When exporting, I only select "List + Organized Package," not "Directly Generate Final Official Document." Finally, in 03_Human_Verified, I manually open Word to check titles, fonts, page numbers, and attachment sequence numbers.

Regarding permissions, my unit doesn't have real-time multi-person collaboration, so I usually only enable "Read-only Sharing" for colleagues. If WorkBuddy supports sharing, I choose "Viewable, Not Editable." The machine-generated list is just a draft; if others accidentally edit it, I won't know which version is the original input. Only I can make changes.

For daily maintenance, I do a version wrap-up 10 minutes before leaving work each day. At 4:30 PM, I put new files into 01_Raw_Materials. At 4:40 PM, I run WorkBuddy organization once to see if "To Be Confirmed" is piling up. At 5:50 PM, I manually archive old files, keeping only this week's materials. If two versions appear for the same task, I only add _v1, _v2 suffixes in 03_Human_Verified.

I don't like fiddling around, but every less time flipping through WeChat screenshots is better. This sounds like inviting trouble, but it's actually to avoid issues like AI directly overwriting originals. I've been burned before; tools modified files without leaving traces, and when leaders asked "Which version is this?", I could only rely on manual folder monitoring. Now with WorkBuddy, I try to keep it as an intermediate layer, never touching the final version.

WorkBuddy's capabilities are limited. It saves me time on finding, moving, listing, and merging. I also use MaXiaoLi (Material Star), iFlytek Documents, and Xinhua Miaobi, but for writing summaries and reports, I still dare not hand it all over to the machine. Especially for nuance words in official documents, machines tend to confidently write them wrong.

That set of acceptance materials last week ultimately saved me about forty minutes. It didn't write the main text for me, but it organized four attachments and two signature sheets into a list, so I knew at a glance whose confirmation was missing. Today, the leader is pushing for the daily ledger report again, so I'm going to tweak the WorkBuddy task template.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Mai Ken Cao

Looking at industry trends, most AI tools are stuck on 'data transfer' rather than 'decision-making'. WorkBuddy's angle is spot on.