Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy auto-summarized expense reports but dropped invoice numbers—has anyone else seen this?

I am DapengI am DapengSep 122026/09/12 91 views

What annoys me most isn't overtime; it's having to manually piece together weekly expense reports. I've been reflecting on whether I talk too much lately, but this time I really don't mean to be verbose—I'm just stuck. I came across a 2026 review of AI tools that said office assistants can handle documents, spreadsheets, and data analysis, so I wanted to adapt WorkBuddy's automated weekly report setup for expenses. My goal is simple: take over a dozen expense screenshots and PDFs from WeCom Docs and summarize them into one table by date, amount, and project. I tried twice. The first time, it recognized invoice numbers as strings with asterisks. The second time, the exported headers were in Chinese, but the numeric columns turned into text, so all sums came out as zero.

I clicked the batch processing button, uploaded the files, and asked it to generate based on a template. It claimed to have recognized about fourteen records, but when I opened the file, two entries had merged into one row, and another remark was swallowed up. I'm not sure if I need to create a fixed-field template first or if the file naming needs to be standardized. I've used WorkBuddy for a month; writing weekly reports and transcribing meetings has been smooth, but I didn't expect it to get shaky once the tables got complex. This requirement is straightforward. I originally told the devs this, and now it's my turn to ask for help. Has anyone encountered this? Did I mess up some setting?

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Si Nan
Si NanSep 12

This is clearly an OCR post-processing issue where field alignment wasn't done. Don't expect auto-repair; hurry up and ask the supplier for regex scripts.

Tang
TangSep 13
Reply to Si Nan

I've encountered this during night shifts too, but I fixed it manually. Doesn't your finance system do format validation? This shouldn't all be blamed on the tool.