WorkBuddy Open Platform's "Tool Chaining" Feature: Did I Click the Wrong Entry Point?
I saw that post saying WorkBuddy went from unknown to impossible to get in half a year, and their open platform launched too. My first reaction was discomfort. The more a tool resembles an OS, the easier it is for solo shop owners like me to turn work into disasters. I've used WorkBuddy for a month, typically for organizing Shopify product info, WeChat customer service inquiries, Xianyu order notes, and Excel quotes, and it behaved reasonably well. This time I clicked on "Multi-source Tasks/Connectors" in the open platform. I wanted to try automating daily order notes and customer service questions into a single "What to handle today" table. My question is: Does the open platform stringing tools together inherently come with another set of entry points and prerequisites?
I'm truly a novice with this entry point. I created a task, selected three sources, asked it to merge by order number, and tag each issue. After running for about forty minutes, the results looked crossed-wired. Order numbers with digits in customer service chats were split into two parts. Address changes and shipping reminders in Xianyu notes got merged into the same tag. Prices in Excel quotes were treated as inventory quantities. A small line popped up midway about incomplete field mapping and some connectors being unauthorized. I couldn't find where to revoke authorization. Eventually, I learned my lesson and only uploaded WeChat customer service and Shopify tables. Then it asked if I wanted to call external tools. After I confirmed, the output table had several empty columns.
I can't calculate savings yet. I still have to manually split the tables. Last week I wrote about enterprise shared credit pools, and I suspected then whether solo shops could even use them. Now looking at the open platform, I'm even less sure if these features are prepared for shops where one person does the work of five. Has any veteran encountered this? For WorkBuddy's multi-source aggregation, do you need to create a unified field template first? Or should I break it into smaller tasks, letting it do one thing at a time? If you have similar shop scenarios, please tell me exactly which entry point to click first, rather than jumping straight into chaining tools.
Physix Frontier