Outsourcing Cancellations Aren't Layoffs, They're Cost Restructuring
Title: Outsourcing Project Withdrawals Look More Like Cost Restructuring
I've seen news about "partial outsourcing project withdrawals before Sept 30" recently, and comments are shouting about big tech layoffs. I actually think this looks more like a restructuring of cost structures.
From an asset allocation perspective, outsourcing is a variable cost and shouldn't be treated as talent reserves. In the past, it was cheap because it could absorb repetitive labor at any time; now companies are assessing AI usage rates and reorganizing processes, so outsourcing and models are competing for the same budget.
Reports mention that over the past year, big tech firms bet on AI, assessed AI usage rates, and reorganized processes, while simultaneously clearing out a large amount of outsourcing.
I'm not entirely sure about the scope, but the logic holds. The jobs truly disappearing are those relying on sitting in the office, lacking data accumulation, and not tied to customer relationships.
How to calculate risk-reward ratios. When bullish on enterprise software, I only look at valuation based on whether it can turn a one-time clearance into an auditable workflow—for example, who authorized it, who reviewed it, how tokens are billed, and who bears responsibility for errors. If it's just swapping outsourcing for another low-cost supplier without a moat, I wouldn't recommend it. Only those that can prove unit task cost reduction and turn the process into an asset are worth looking at again.
Physix Frontier