Community Discussion · Company Watch

Just started using WorkBuddy for emotion log summaries, and it talks like it's diagnosing me. Anyone else run into this?

SleepySleepySep 112026/09/11 69 views

Using WorkBuddy to organize emotional records really makes it easy to accidentally organize yourself into a diagnostic report.

I came across an article about AI emotion analysis claiming it could generate trends, triggers, and suggestions based on conversations. I felt sleepy reading it, but sat up straight. Because recently, I started seriously using WorkBuddy to handle miscellaneous tasks for my counseling office. Besides spreadsheets and meeting transcriptions, I dumped my daily sleep, procrastination, and post-session emotional fluctuations into it, hoping it would help me see if I'd been too drained this week.

My trial was clumsy. First, I created a folder, put Tencent Meeting transcriptions, mood check-ins recorded in Reminders over the last few days, and some PDF notes inside, then asked it to summarize by date and mark causes for low moods. It first asked if it could access local files; I clicked allow. After a while, it said I lacked context and asked me to paste the content in. I copied a section of meeting transcription; it caught that, but the output was weird, writing "client might be anxious" as "you may have already formed an emotional dependency."

As a psychological counselor, I diagnosed myself, and the conclusion was: hopeless. But this incident really knocked me out. I didn't want it to judge for me; I just wanted it to tidy up the chores first. Previously, I thought AI was suitable as an information organizer to lower startup costs, but not as a decision-maker. Now I'm more certain of that, but I don't know if the issue with WorkBuddy is that I didn't set permissions correctly, or if it defaults to jumping to psychological conclusions.

Has anyone else used it for emotional logging or summarizing counseling notes? Do I need to create a separate space for non-sensitive materials first, then use ask rules to confirm item by item? Or was my prompt too much like making a wish? Has anyone encountered this? Did I mess up a setting somewhere?

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
A Jie
A JieSep 11

In my tests, these kinds of tools easily fall into the trap of over-interpretation. They attribute normal anxiety directly to medical conditions, which actually increases psychological burden.