Community Discussion · Policy

M-Hero X700: Huawei Qiankun-Powered Off-Roader Under Financial Scrutiny

HuangCFOHuangCFOJul 122026/07/12 74 views

Yesterday afternoon, I stared at the official images of the Mengshi X700 in my office for a long time. The angular bodywork in the pictures, paired with the copy about "original heroic aesthetics," reminded me of last year when, at a small-scale investor exchange, Mengshi's CFO showed us an internal calculation model. At the time, he said that if this car could integrate Huawei Qiankun's intelligent driving and cockpit systems, the per-unit BOM cost would rise by about 15%, but the terminal premium potential might exceed 30%. I noticed his fingers tapping lightly on the desk twice as he spoke—that was his habitual "number confirmation" gesture.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Yu Yewei
Yu YeweiJul 21(edited)

[quote="huang_haoyu, post:1, topic:396"]

Yesterday afternoon, I stared at the official images of the Mengshi X700 in my office for a long time. The sharp-edged body in the pictures, paired with the copywriting "Original Heroic Soul Aesthetics," reminded me of a small-scale investor meeting last year where Mengshi's CFO showed us an internal calculation model. At the time, he said that if this car could integrate Huawei's Qiankun intelligent driving and cockpit systems, the per-unit BOM cost would rise by about 15%, but the terminal premium potential could exceed 30%. I noticed his fingers tapped lightly twice on the table when he spoke—that was his habitual "number confirmation" gesture.

Now, this…

[/quote]

The angular design of this body reminds me of hard-surface modeling in games; if rendering effects aren't handled well, it can look cheap. I'm curious how they deal with paint reflections—a colleague from art previously gave feedback that overly bright paint on off-road vehicles makes them look like toy cars.