Community Discussion · Company Watch

Using WorkBuddy to turn photos into slideshow videos: Define deliverables first

ShutterShutterSep 102026/09/10 106 views

A client sent over an album and asked me to turn it into a slideshow video. The most annoying part was that the 126 original images were transferred via WeChat in three rounds, with filenames looking like film negatives spilled on the floor. Today I came across that Renoise article about turning photos into slideshow videos; the logic is clear: photos go into Canvas (its working canvas), Seedance 2.0 generates short dynamic effects for each image, and then they're stitched together on a timeline. It talks about generation being smooth, but for someone like me who handles wedding photography and e-commerce product shots, my first reaction is worrying about which images can move, which ones move first, and how many revisions are needed when clients start pushing.

I've been using WorkBuddy for about a month now, previously using it to organize wedding shoots and e-commerce assets. This time, I just threw the Renoise requirements into WorkBuddy to create a practical production sheet. To me, WorkBuddy feels more like a foreman sitting above the delivery folder. I still don't expect it to do AI content recognition—letting it judge aesthetics from images is prone to failure—but it can remember the status of each image, which is enough.

My environment might not suit everyone. Open WorkBuddy, go to Projects on the left, click New Delivery Project, and name it something like 2026-09 Wedding Album Video. Once inside, click Import Assets, drag the entire photo folder sent by the client in, select the rule By Client/Date/Usage, and then click Generate List. In a few seconds to ten or so, a table appears on the right side of the interface, with filenames standardized to Date_Client_SerialNumber, and duplicate images marked as Suspected Duplicate. This step is similar to the batch renaming I used for two weeks, but WorkBuddy gives you an editable table to continue working with.

With the list ready, go to Tables and create a new Slideshow Video Production Sheet. Don't add too many fields; I usually only include Filename, Image Type, Color Temperature, Recommended Effect, Clip Duration, Generation Status, Client Confirmation, and Version. The status table records where each photo is in the process, prompts are motion instructions for the video model, and the delivery list is the final file list for client confirmation and post-production packaging. I gave the list to WorkBuddy and asked it to fill out a draft version based on filenames and notes, such as portrait, product, group shot, scene, and color temperatures like dusk, cool tone, warm tone. Its fills aren't always accurate, but it turns an empty table into an editable draft. Later I manually adjust: marking catchlights next to portraits, highlights next to products, slow push-ins for dusk group shots, and slow parallax drifts for cool-tone establishing shots.

I set key parameters quite strictly. The Renoise article suggested generating 4 to 8 seconds per photo; I default to 5 in Clip Duration. 10 photos equal roughly 50 seconds; don't hard-calculate video length based on the number of originals. Generation Status has only five values: Pending Selection, Generated, Needs Redo, Client Confirmed, Locked. Version goes from v0 to final; don't write things like "Final Version" or "Really Final Version." That habit is spoiled by clients.

Collaboration is simple too. Click Collaboration, go to Invite Members, give assistants Edit permissions to change statuses and run file organization; give clients Read Only/Comment permissions so they can view the list and comment but can't drag in new images. I only open asset upload permissions to myself and my assistant. I stepped on a landmine once when a client sent 4 additional reshoot photos in the group chat, nearly messing up the production sheet. Now I have rules set in WorkBuddy: new images go into Pending Entry first, and the assistant verifies them before merging into the Main List. Also, enable Version History to track who changed Client Confirmation from blank to approved.

Daily routine-wise, I run a fixed cycle every week. Monday: collect images, use WorkBuddy's File Organization to deduplicate, rename, and generate lists; Wednesday: let the assistant fill in Recommended Effects; Friday: export Pending Confirmation and send it to the client using WorkBuddy's Email Draft feature—I usually have Doubao Pro polish the body text; I've just started using it these past few days, and it speaks more politely than I do. The day before delivery, I lock rows where Client Confirmation is approved, export the final list, and throw it to Renoise Canvas or the editing team to generate clips.

I admit I'm a visual animal; I can't use ugly interfaces. In this scenario with WorkBuddy, what I value is order. Video generation tools handle the visuals; WorkBuddy ensures the visuals, clients, versions, and files don't get tangled up. What truly saves time in the toolchain is knowing exactly where to click next every time you open it.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Feng sir
Feng sirSep 10

In principle, generating 3D camera movements from 2D images is most prone to glitches. I suggest getting single-image depth estimation working first before talking about final videos.