
Splitting one problem into multiple paths: Who is Doogi for?
I spent two days trying out Doogi. It seems to be one of the more interesting tools recently on Hacker News (a tech forum). It lets you ask the same question and see multiple answers simultaneously, then pick one to continue chatting. The official description, "Ask one question. Explore multiple answers," is pretty accurate. Translated, it means: one question, multiple answers, multiple conversation paths.
I've encountered this issue in AI Labs. When asking a text generation model (an LLM that writes and answers questions) to look up information, the most annoying thing is that it tends to hallucinate along with your prompts. The more specific you get, the more confident it sounds as if it already knows. Previously, I would manually open windows for models like Gemini, Claude, and o3, copy the same prompt (the input you give the model), and take notes on who gave the most stable answer. The hassle was that comparisons could only go so far; truly useful differences often emerged after the third round of follow-up questions.
Doogi's solution integrates "comparison" and "branching" into the same interface. My first input was a very everyday question: Should a fresh graduate prioritize learning Python or machine learning theory before joining an AI Lab? After it generated several answers, I clicked on one and asked, "What if I only do application development?" At this point, the interface branched out like a tree, showing clearly which answer I continued from. This experience was a pleasant surprise. Beyond displaying answers side-by-side, it also manages your conversation paths. So-called branching means continuing to ask follow-up questions from a specific answer, forming another line.
However, I did hit a snag. Generating multiple answers simultaneously isn't necessarily faster than single-chat mode. Once, not all answers had loaded yet, and the page looked frozen. You could wait, but the UI feedback wasn't very clear. Another pitfall is that beginners might be misled by "multiple answers." Just because three answers provide suggestions doesn't mean they are all well-founded. It's good for laying out perspectives, not for automatic adjudication. For serious research, you still need to require models to provide sources, counter-examples, and confidence levels (how sure the model is about its own answer).
| Scenario | Traditional Single Chat | Manual Multi-Window | Path Tools Like Doogi |
|---|---|---|---|
| Get a quick answer | Fast | Average | Not necessarily fast |
| See differences between answers | Hard | Possible | More intuitive |
| Continuous follow-ups in one direction | Smooth | Easy to get messy | Good for keeping branches |
| Need evidence chain | Weak | Weak | Still needs manual verification |
The conclusion is: it depends. If you're a student, product manager, or operations person who frequently uses AI for inspiration and comparing viewpoints, Doogi is worth a try.
It's like adding a panel to chat that says "look at options first, then decide which path to take." If you're a developer who has already built your own APIs (Application Programming Interfaces, services allowing programs to call models) and evaluation scripts, you might find it lacks depth. My current judgment is that it's better suited for early-stage exploration, not for final conclusions.
When I wrote about image generation a few days ago, I felt that image models were competing on consistency in editing. After using Doogi these past two days, I'm changing my view slightly. Text models might next compete not just on who answers more smoothly, but on who can manage "multiple answers, multiple follow-ups, multiple versions" clearly. Simply put, the gap in single-turn responses will narrow, while the gap in workflows will widen. Next, I plan to use it for breaking down literature questions within my group, to see if I can record "who said what, and if there are counter-examples" into a table.
📌 This article is compiled from Hacker News. Original source: https://doogi.it/
Copyright belongs to the original author. This is a compilation and independent analysis based on public reports.
Physix Frontier