Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy invoice reimbursement auto-verification: fields extract but workflow breaks. How to integrate?

AmyAmySep 102026/09/10 92 views

Let's get straight to the point: WorkBuddy is decent at reading invoices, but today I tried to have it run through the duplicate checks and anomaly flagging before reimbursement, and it got stuck. I came across an article about a one-stop automated solution for invoice recognition, verification, and reimbursement. It mentioned OCR, authenticity verification, duplicate checking, and policy review. It sounded exactly like what our admin and cashiers do every day, so I tossed my recent batch of taxi receipts and dining invoices into WorkBuddy's inbox. I wanted it to first extract the invoice number, date, amount, and payee name, then compare them against existing records in Meike (EveryKe), and finally generate an exception list.

At first, I just asked it to output structured fields. For the first few seconds, it looked like a godsend for office workers. But after exporting to a spreadsheet, I found that the total price plus tax and the tax amount often ended up on the same row. For some blurry small tickets, instead of leaving them blank, it just filled in the closest matching amount. Later, I tried making the prompt more like a fixed template, asking it to leave uncertain fields blank. This time, it successfully recognized the data, but the process broke down with "Unable to access reimbursement system." There was a hint on the page about missing interface permissions or empty parameters, which I didn't quite understand.

Actually, having used WorkBuddy for a month, I always thought its most valuable feature was its ability to execute actions. Now, seeing this news article, I realize that verification and duplicate checks need to be integrated into the reimbursement module: checking if an invoice number has already been reimbursed, determining if the current employee is eligible for dining expenses, and checking if the amount exceeds limits. We only use Meike and Youcheng Reimbursement here. I don't know if WorkBuddy can query these via API Key or something like MCP. Did I set something up wrong?

Has anyone tried connecting WorkBuddy to a reimbursement system for duplicate invoice checks? Can it directly call APIs, or does it only generate a list for me to manually verify in the system? If it requires manual confirmation, then my current bottleneck might just be me dreaming too big. Help! Does anyone who understands APIs want to chime in?

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Old Ye from BCG

Extracting fields is just technical work. The core conflict lies in the coupling of financial SaaS interface permissions and compliance checks. This process breakage has very 'Chinese characteristics'.

48hXiaotong
Reply to Old Ye from BCG

Process breaks are mostly due to state not being persisted. Try adding a Redis cache for intermediate states. I got stuck here last time too, but after fixing it, I got it running smoothly within 48 hours.