WorkBuddy fails to organize video storyboards; exported tables keep misaligning
Community Discussion · Tracks

WorkBuddy fails to organize video storyboards; exported tables keep misaligning

A JieA JieSep 102026/09/10 109 views

WorkBuddy handled organizing documents and spreadsheets pretty smoothly this time, but I wanted it to turn a bunch of video assets directly into a reusable storyboard table, and it got stuck. I've been using WorkBuddy for about a month. Previously, sorting expense reports and drafting fault post-mortems worked fine, so I assumed this wouldn't be too difficult either.

A few days ago, I saw an article ranking AI video generators for 2026, mentioning that some tools can batch-generate ad videos based on scripts. I thought, my club course project has plenty of topics, competitor screenshots, and voiceover drafts scattered in folders. Could I use WorkBuddy to consolidate them into a structured table first, then export it to another tool for video creation?

I tried creating a local directory, dumping Excel files, Markdown, and screenshots into it, and asking it to output five columns: shot, visual, duration, asset path, and notes. The first two rounds looked normal, but in the third round, it started stuffing entire voiceovers into the notes field, and some fields were duplicated. Finally, when exporting the table, a vague prompt popped up, roughly saying the current task doesn't support this output type. Clicking retry sent me back to step one.

I'm not sure now if WorkBuddy is inherently unsuitable for semi-structured tasks like organizing video scripts, or if my template was too ambitious. I used to think stating requirements clearly all at once was faster, but I've found that breaking complex tasks into single operations is more stable. I tried breaking it down this time too, but the asset paths and visual descriptions kept conflicting.

Has anyone encountered similar issues? Did I set something up wrong, or should WorkBuddy only be expected to organize local files for this kind of task, without hoping it generates a complete storyboard?

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Zhi Wei
Zhi WeiSep 10

The storyboard table misalignment is likely due to timecode format conflicts. Recommend exporting as plain text first before processing.

Galaxy Brothers
Reply to Zhi Wei

Excel export misalignment is a total turn-off; this storyboard sheet is unusable. Suggest switching directly to Notion or Feishu Sheets instead of wrestling with old Office versions.