Using WorkBuddy for content mass production: I reframed 'usability issues' as boundary problems
Last night I scrolled through a collection of WorkBuddy usage guides. It mentioned that many operations people install it, open it, see a bunch of features, and don't know where to start. Reading it made me sleepy, but I did sit up straighter. Because when I started using WorkBuddy last month to handle miscellaneous tasks for my counseling practice, I got stuck too. At first, I treated it like a wish-granting machine, throwing in a request like "make me a viral Xiaohongshu post," and it actually generated three drafts that looked decent enough to send shivers down my spine.
I understand this anxiety. Last week, a friend who does psychological science popularization asked me if WorkBuddy could help her turn old articles into Xiaohongshu notes. She had thirty or forty WeChat Official Account articles, over a dozen user comments, and several unorganized topic ideas. She said, "Every time I open a document, I get sleepy." I totally got it, so I set up a small content mass-production workflow with WorkBuddy.
Beginners shouldn't rush to write prompts. Open WorkBuddy, click + New Workspace in the left project bar, enter "Science Pop - Non-Sensitive", and confirm. A file area and task area will appear on the right. Think of a workspace as an independent room where files, context, and tasks are separated. Context refers to the scope of information it can currently see and remember.
Then organize materials into three folders: Raw Materials, AI Drafts, and Pending Review. This step seems dumb, but it saved me later. WorkBuddy misread things the first time because I put "case records" and "public science pop" in the same directory level. It casually included client ages, cities, and specific events in the titles. Even though it was just a draft, it was scary enough.
Later, I set permissions for it. The path is roughly WorkBuddy Settings → Tool Permissions → File Read/Write → Sensitive Paths. Set Raw Materials to allow so it can read; set AI Drafts to ask so it asks you before generating or overwriting; set Pending Review to deny for writes, allowing only manual movement by humans. allow means auto-pass, ask means pause and ask, deny means direct rejection. After saving, when you hit run, reading materials passes directly, writing drafts pops up a confirmation, and touching Pending Review gets blocked. I wrote about these three-layer rules last week, and now they're working smoothly in content mass production. Whether tools like WorkBuddy can be used with peace of mind depends on setting clear boundaries first, no matter how pretty the prompt is.
I've revised my instructions many times. Initially, I wrote "make me a viral Xiaohongshu post," and the output looked like marketing spam on steroids. Later, I broke it into three steps. Step one: only let it generate topics. Read Raw Materials and output 10 titles, each with a hook, a risk point, and a target audience. Step two: draft the content. Specify the tone as "slow down, don't sell anxiety," require keeping expressions like "I understand how you feel," but prohibit specific client information. Step three: scheduling. Arrange the drafts in a table from Monday to Friday, with fields for Title, Body, Tags, Publish Time, and Needs Manual Review. Letting it do one thing at a time turned out to be more stable than dumping a big requirement all at once.
After running for a week, the results weren't explosive. It produced about twenty drafts. Twelve or thirteen could be tweaked and published directly, five or six had overly exaggerated titles, and two or three involved case details and were blocked by the ask permission. My friend no longer had to start from a blank document at night. She said it was like someone cleaned the room first, and then she decided whether to go live. That metaphor is accurate. WorkBuddy saved her time starting from scratch but didn't decide what to publish for her.
There were pitfalls along the way. For two days, tasks would hang halfway through. I thought the permissions weren't set correctly and spent ten minutes digging through settings. Later, checking the task logs revealed insufficient quota, causing silent failures. This pitfall is nasty because the frontend just spins without telling you why. In my environment, when WorkBuddy chains multiple Skills for long tasks, it's best to check quotas and context length first. You can understand Skills as reusable capability modules, like reading files, writing tables, or generating copy. My current habit is to check the logs before starting each day and archive rejected drafts from AI Drafts weekly, so they don't pollute the context for future tasks.
If you're using WorkBuddy for content mass production for the first time, I suggest not chasing virality initially. First, sort your materials clearly, lock down sensitive paths, and break tasks into smaller pieces. It's like a diligent assistant with no sense of boundaries. If you don't tell it which doors not to open, it really will push them open for you. I'm still following this process now. Until the material, permission, and review chain is clearly set up, I don't dare let it auto-publish.
Physix Frontier