WorkBuddy messed up organizing my Taobao side-hustle bookmarks; did I set up the spreadsheet wrong?
Sisters, let me share a real hassle. What drains me most right now is having bookmarked tons of side-hustle products but not knowing which ones are worth looking at. Last night, while the kid was asleep, I browsed Taobao side hustles and saw lots of cheap stuff like video-watching gigs, Fish Shop, and AI short drama courses, priced anywhere from 0.88 to over 20 yuan. I wanted to dump these screenshot bookmarks into WorkBuddy and have it organize them into title, price, selling points, platform, and suitability for doing while childcare, so I could scan them during the day.
I've used WorkBuddy for about a month, mostly for daily reports, and felt it was okay. But this time involved images plus text, and I couldn't figure out a stable workflow. I created a folder, put in a dozen phone screenshots, and asked it to recognize and generate a table. It did produce output, but it was messy. Some prices were recognized as dates, sales volumes split into two lines, and long titles swallowed subsequent content. There was also a prompt mid-way, seemingly about field mapping failure. I clicked re-recognize, and got a bunch of blank cells.
Later, I tried manually converting three of the screenshots to CSV and asking it to merge them. No errors this time, but duplicate products remained, suggesting it didn't dedupe by title. I didn't dare click the auto-summary button again, afraid it would overwrite the ledger I fixed last night.
I suspect I shouldn't have dumped screenshots directly. Maybe I should have started by just doing image-to-text, then built the table separately. Has anyone used WorkBuddy to organize similar product screenshots? Where do you usually set field mappings? Or, since my time as a mom is fragmented, should I avoid greediness and let it handle just one small step at a time? I want to ask sisters, I plan to try again tonight but am afraid of wasting another half hour.
Physix Frontier