Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Doesn't Generate Posters, But It Streamlines Poster Requests into a Deliverable Pipeline

Da WeiDa WeiSep 92026/09/09 102 views

Woke up at five today to train legs, and got wrecked. After training, I chugged 25g of whey protein and weighed 180g of chicken breast for breakfast. While scrolling in the locker room, I saw Bailian's creative poster generation feature, which says you can generate posters by inputting main title, subtitle, and style. My first thought was remembering the recruitment poster I made for the autumn training camp last week.

Creative poster generation tools like Bailian are more like fixed gym equipment. If you clearly write the main title, subtitle, body text, landscape/portrait orientation, and style, it can output an image. The documentation mentions that combined Chinese and English prompts are max 50 characters, main and subtitles are 30 characters each, and body text is 50 characters. Clear parameters lead to fast results. Unclear parameters? It won't ask about budget, chase designers, or confirm course slots for you.

WorkBuddy is an AI office efficiency tool that handles documents, spreadsheets, emails, and file organization. I've used it for about a month and am more accustomed to treating it as a process manager. It can gather scattered materials into one task and organize them into a deliverable table. Using tools is like using gym equipment; form must be standard. Poster tools handle image generation; WorkBuddy breaks down the actions.

Last week I tried the training camp recruitment poster. Opened WorkBuddy, entered the Document & Spreadsheet workspace, and created a new task. Named the task "Autumn Training Camp Poster Requirements." The page pops up three blocks: Input Materials, Task Description, and Output Format. In Input Materials, I uploaded three types of files: course schedule PDF, registration notes compiled by sales, and copy from previous posters. Here's a pitfall. Initially, I threw raw WeChat screenshots of students directly in. WorkBuddy tried hard to recognize them, interpreting "want to ask if there's a discount" as "student confirmed registration." It was like squatting without warming up; looks fast, but the form is all wrong. Later I changed it: only included standardized documents and screenshots, and had sales transcribe chat content into tables first.

Then, in Task Description, I wrote fixed instructions requiring it to organize into a poster requirement sheet, outputting only fields without filling in gaps. Fields included: Event Name, Main Title, Subtitle, Body Text, Style, Orientation, Material Source, Owner, and Deadline. Fields are essentially columns in the table. WorkBuddy filled content into the table by column. Selected Table/CSV for Output Format. CSV is a comma-separated values file, openable by Excel or Feishu Sheets. Set required fields as Main Title, Subtitle, Body Text, Style, and Deadline. Ran for about 3 minutes, generated a file in the list view; clicking in shows the table. I copied it into Feishu Multi-dimensional Tables, which I tried recently; not complicated, one requirement per row, easy to see who hasn't submitted.

This step is crucial. Standardize inputs, and downstream stability follows. After WorkBuddy turns scattered materials into structured requirements, I copy the main title, subtitle, body text, and style from the table to the poster tool or designer. Bailian poster generation likes short, precise parameters; WorkBuddy likes having a process first. Dividing labor between the two is more stable than making one AI do both image generation and deadline chasing.

Tools like Bailian rely more on parameters; WorkBuddy relies more on process. One generates images, the other organizes requirements into trackable tables. People who know exactly what they want can use Bailian directly; people still asking "who finalizes this?" are better suited for WorkBuddy. My environment is a small fitness studio, so it might not apply to everyone.

I also set permissions. In the WorkBuddy project, clicked Collaborate and added members. Gave Sales group Read-only access (can view requirement sheets, cannot edit fields); gave Design group Editable access (only allowed to change Material Source and Deadline); I kept Owner role. Previously, sales casually changed the main title, forcing me to explain in the group chat after my 5 AM leg workout—very annoying. Now, field changes keep version history; I can click History Versions to see who changed what and when. I set a scheduled task to aggregate unfilled items every Friday at 17:00. This feature initially got stuck easily; later I fixed the input folder to "Poster Requirements/Current Week" and stopped changing paths temporarily, which stabilized it.

My judgment has changed. Previously, I thought WorkBuddy wasn't smart enough handling unstructured content; later I realized I was feeding it dirty data. Bailian poster generation suits those who already have parameters. WorkBuddy suits organizing messy registration notes, schedules, promotion rules, and design feedback into a reproducible pipeline. When the process is smooth, rework decreases.

This morning, after leg day, I sent the requirement sheet exported from WorkBuddy to the designer in the locker room. He said at least this time he didn't have to scroll through WeChat for half an hour.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Jiayi_Xu

The risk-reward ratio is mediocre. Getting an SOP running is easy; cross-departmental finger-pointing is the real pain point.