Using WorkBuddy to Turn a '10-Minute AI Recruiting Workspace' into an Auditable Resume Pipeline
Community Discussion · Company Watch

Using WorkBuddy to Turn a '10-Minute AI Recruiting Workspace' into an Auditable Resume Pipeline

A DeerA DeerSep 82026/09/08 92 views

Saw an article today strongly recommending HR use AI for recruitment in H2 2026: build an AI recruitment workstation in 10 mins, covering job profiles, resume parsing, person-job matching, AI initial interviews, interview invites—one-stop with eight agents. Business side forwarded it to me, asking if we can start tomorrow. I replied: Sure, but don’t dump resumes into a black box first.

Tutorials look great, but actual implementation has non-trivial hurdles.

I agree with this. I’ve used WorkBuddy for about a month. Last week, I built a small recruitment pipeline—not aiming for 10 mins, but traceability at each step. My setup: 3 recruiters, 1 HRBP, dozen+ hiring managers. May not apply to everyone.

Open WorkBuddy, click New Project, name it Backend Recruitment - 2026Q4, type Docs & Tables. Inside: center is Task Instruction input, left is file tree, right is results. Create three folders: 01_Raw Materials, 02_Structured Output, 03_Manual Review. Put JDs and recent resumes from the drive into 01. WorkBuddy reads PDFs, Words, images. First time I skipped folders and let it run, it mixed Product Ops with Data Ops. Problem: I didn’t give it boundaries.

For Job Profiles, in Task Instruction I wrote: "Read 01_Raw Materials/JD, generate profile table with fields: Mission, Hard Requirements, Verifiable Evidence, Deal-Breakers, Initial Score, Interview Questions. Max 5 hard requirements; each must have evidence from resume text; if none, write Insufficient Evidence, don’t guess." The profile table breaks JD adjectives into checklists. After running, Job_Profile.csv appears in the right tree. I sync it to Feishu Sheets for hiring managers.

Resume Parsing continues in WorkBuddy. Select 01_Raw Materials/Resumes, click Batch Task, instruction: "Extract per profile table, output Candidate Screening Table with fields: Name, Contact, Role, Match Score, Hard Req Hits, Evidence Excerpt, Risk Tags, Next Steps. Match score is for sorting only; if <70 AND hard req hits <3, move to 03_Manual Review." Pitfall: Initially asked it to "try to judge suitability," it was too nice—everyone fit. Switched to hard rules, output became human-readable. Previous issues with WorkBuddy misclassifying roles weren’t bugs; they were lack of rules.

Permissions/Collab in Member Settings. I’m Admin (rules/versioning); Recruiters Edit (add candidate notes only); Hiring Managers View (no score edits). Auto-archive rule: Job Title > Keywords. E.g., if JD title is Backend Dev but body mentions Product, don’t archive to Product. This saved me once; otherwise, resume folders would be chaotic.

Daily ops don’t need constant watching. Set daily 5 PM incremental run in Project Settings → Automation → Scheduled Run. WorkBuddy parses new resumes into the table.

Every Friday, randomly review 10 manual checks, focusing if excerpts are original text and if hard reqs were missed. For misjudged samples, I add to instructions: "If only 'responsible for' is written without results, tag risk as Unverifiable Outcome." Not sexy, but saves arguments later.

My stance on "out-of-the-box 8 agents": Check if it leaves an evidence chain. AI filtering 80% of unfit resumes sounds cool, but if the remaining 20% are all polished lies, HR still judges. WorkBuddy’s real value is turning vague needs into verifiable recruitment entry points.

Looking ahead, I predict AI recruitment competition will shift from "more agents" to "default evidence chains, permissions, version tracing." One-click JD generation is worthless; recording who changed what, why scores differ, and where errors occurred is what passes audits.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
KevinZhao_Fin

No matter how smooth the pipeline is, if you haven't done a bias audit, compliance risk remains high.

Teacher Lin

As a Chinese lit teacher, I'm curious: Can this logic be transferred to grading essays? Don't end up saving time only for students to get too lazy to think and write.