Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Hands-On: Turning One-Line Animation Ideas into Scripts While Parenting

Xiaoyu's MomXiaoyu's MomSep 82026/09/08 86 views

Title: PPT Practice: Breaking Down One-Sentence Animation Inspiration into Actionable Storyboard Cards

Sisters, last night while Little Bao was asleep, I scrolled through a demo about seko. The gist was that one sentence could generate a complete animation with plot, art style, and voiceover. My first reaction was to open PowerPoint. Because I started seriously using PPT about a month ago, and also started using baby growth records around then. Personally tested, the most draining part of making AI videos is the upfront stuff: where's the inspiration, how to break down storyboards, what to name assets, which platform to post this one, what to post next.

The most attractive part of this demo is inputting one sentence, selecting art style and model, and getting a full animation with storyboards and voiceover.

My environment is simple. During the day, I only have the two hours Little Bao naps; at night, after putting him to sleep, I can sit for maybe forty minutes max. So I don't want to open a bunch of AI tools and copy-paste back and forth every time. Generation tools can change, but storyboard cards need to be fixed first.

The specific path is opening PPT, creating a blank presentation, deleting the default title, and inserting a 6x6 table. Header fields: Shot Number, Visual Description, Voiceover, Character Action, Asset Status, Duration. Create a new slide for inspiration input, placing only four boxes: One-sentence Inspiration, Target Duration, Art Style, Publishing Platform. Fix target duration at 30-60 seconds, select only one art style at a time, e.g., American cartoon or 2D ancient style. Write only platforms like Xiaohongshu or WeChat Channels; don't list too many at once.

During the day, seeing a phrase or small action from my child in the growth record, I note it as a one-sentence inspiration. At night, throw it to any AI text tool, asking it to break it into 6 shots. The prompt is fixed: Break the user's one-sentence inspiration into 6 shots. For each shot, provide visual, voiceover, character action, required assets, and estimated seconds. Do not add plot, do not write marketing speak, only provide a shootable asset list. After getting results, paste them back into the PPT table. Finally, save the file with fixed naming: Date_Platform_Theme_ShotNumber.

I stepped on a pitfall. Initially, I let AI directly write viral scripts, resulting in a pile of adjectives with no asset landing points. Later, changing it to only break down shots and list assets made it usable. Another pitfall is messy files. Before, I casually threw clips generated by Jimeng AI and Kling AI into the album, and couldn't find them two days later. Now, PPT has three fixed tabs: Inspiration Library, To Generate, Published. Inspiration Library is visible to both me and my husband; To Generate holds only drafts, which I manually edit; Published is where I drag confirmed ones. When elders help check assets, I only export read-only PDFs, not letting them edit the PPT. This way, at least drafts won't get deleted.

Daily operations involve three fixed small actions: run 1-2 items daily, more than that can't be reviewed; weekly archive topics in 'To Generate' untouched for over 7 days; monthly pick themes with decent views/interaction and save prompts as templates.

Now, when I see one-sentence animation tools, I still try them. What matters more to me is whether they can plug into my storyboard card system.

0 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
No replies yet — be the first to share your thoughts