WorkBuddy Isn't a Title Generator, But I Built a Title Pipeline With It
Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Isn't a Title Generator, But I Built a Title Pipeline With It

Momo-chanMomo-chanSep 82026/09/08 85 views

Today I came across an article about AI title generators. One statement hit hard: apparently, most readers never go beyond the title. My first reaction was a bit visceral. I run three WeChat Official Accounts and one Video Account, writing drafts during the day and chasing anime at night; dark circles are standard equipment. If every title still relies on brute-forcing with the human brain, before hitting 100k+ views, my health checkup report would arrive first.

But I didn't immediately try that title tool. I've been using WorkBuddy for a month; previously wrote about using it as a material hub. Later, I found it's better suited for a title pipeline. The reason is simple: a title isn't just one sentence; behind it lie materials, platforms, tone, taboos, and review data.

Title generators can quickly provide a batch of titles, but the difficulty lies in integrating those titles into the content production workflow.

Many title tools quickly offer options, but once handed to me, I still have to manually copy, split by platform, check for exaggeration, and see if it duplicates last week's content. For new media operations, this efficiency gain is limited; it just moves the title bottleneck to organizing, distribution, and re-checking.

My environment is quite messy: three accounts sharing a material library, and client data comes in various formats. I've stepped on pitfalls before: throwing PDFs, screenshots, and Excel files together into WorkBuddy with complex instructions caused parsing failures. Later, I learned to organize materials into the same folder first, then let it process via task cards. Task cards mean breaking requirements into fixed fields instead of improvising every time.

This approach may not fit everyone, but my testing shows it's more stable than simply using a title generator.

I first create a mixed document-and-table project in WorkBuddy's left-side workspace, putting files and tables together. The interface has a Material Area, Task Cards, and Output Table. This step is just creating a blank project; don't rush to upload all files.

Task card fields are fixed: Core Facts, Target Audience, Distribution Platform, Number of Titles, Banned Words, Reference Style, and Prohibited Expressions. Core Facts are things that cannot be wrong in the article; Banned Words are terms the account cannot touch; Reference Style is how the account speaks. For example, for an AI office topic on WeChat, banned words include "Disrupt," "Easy Money," "100%," and reference style is "Like a friend reminding you, not an ad pushing hard."

After uploading materials, let it organize first, don't generate directly. Keep instructions short: read materials, list core selling points, reader concerns, reusable keywords, do not write titles yet. Wait for its table output, then ask it to generate titles for WeChat, Video Account, and Xiaohongshu based on these results.

Results land in a Title Candidate Table. I create a table in WorkBuddy with fields: Title, Platform, Hook Type, Risk Points, Manual Score, Adopted?. Hook Type is what attracts people (e.g., numbers, questions, benefits, hot words). Risk Points check for exaggeration, infringement, or unclear facts.

Here's a pitfall to avoid. Don't let WorkBuddy do too much at once. Previously, I tried to combine generation, layout, image suggestions, and publishing copy in one go, resulting in scattered output. Later, letting it do one thing at a time made it faster and more accurate.

I also configured permissions and collaboration. Operations colleagues can edit, reviewers are read-only, external collaborators can only view exported tables. In WorkBuddy's sharing settings, I usually enable modification history. This is important: who changed the title and why doesn't rely on memory during later reviews.

Daily maintenance is simple. Every Friday, fill backend data back into the candidate table for data feedback. High open rates mark as reusable, low rates mark as avoid. Clean banned words and templates monthly. Don't let it infinitely learn unconfirmed facts, especially for client drafts; best to manually confirm keywords and compliance boundaries first. Compliance boundaries mean what cannot be said.

Previously, I looked at title tools mainly for generation speed. Now I care more about whether it can link materials, tasks, tables, and permissions. WorkBuddy's role here is linking materials, tasks, tables, and permissions; title generation is just one link in the chain.

Looking ahead, title tools will likely move from one-click generation to content distribution configuration, where platform rules, brand tone, data feedback, and risk checks enter the same workflow. My pipeline currently uses WorkBuddy just for the title stage; I'll continue weekly reviews.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Tao
TaoSep 8

From an architectural perspective, the pipeline's fragility lies in prompt maintenance, not the model itself.