Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy doesn't edit video, but it stops my training videos from relying on shouting

Da WeiDa WeiSep 82026/09/08 59 views

I didn't rush to try the AI video editing software ranking list. What really gives me a headache now is deciding which clips to cut, where the footage is, who adds subtitles, and who checks the data after posting. After using WorkBuddy for about a month, my judgment is: editing software handles the shots, WorkBuddy handles the rhythm.

Got up at 5 AM today to train legs. Wiped myself out. While changing clothes, I scrolled through that article about the top 10 best AI video editing software for 2026. There was a point I agreed with quite a bit.

I read a very practical line: No single tool performs best in all four areas: voice cleanup, repurposing, visual transformation, and decision support.

This sounds like fitness. A squat rack isn't a treadmill; deadlifts aren't bench presses. Don't throw tools into one pot either.

I used ClipChamp for three weeks and Doubao for three weeks. They can shorten a training monologue, add subtitles, and export vertical video. But WorkBuddy doesn't steal this job. In my case, WorkBuddy is the process manager. It strings together documents, spreadsheets, file organization, and task division. Using tools is like using gym equipment; form must be standard.

Here's the training video publishing ledger I built. Open WorkBuddy, click Process on the left, then New Empty Process, and name it Training Video Publishing Ledger. Inside, there's a blank canvas in the middle. I click Add Node, selecting Timer first. Let me explain: a node is an action within the process. I set Timer to run once daily at 07:30, expecting it to generate a to-do list for me in the morning.

Then continue clicking Add Node, select Read Table, and connect it to Feishu Multidimensional Table. A multidimensional table is an online sheet that stores material status. I created nine fields in the table. Field means a column in the spreadsheet, such as Date, Student, Video Topic, Raw Footage, Editing Status, Subtitle Status, Publish Time, Protein Reference, and Owner. Don't think it's verbose; beginners are most likely to mess up here.

I set Editing Status to single-select, allowing only five values: Not Edited, Needs Reshoot, Rough Cut, Pending Review, Published. Why so strict? Because previously I let AI freestyle, and it identified "Leg day wiped me out today" as "Needs Reshoot Leg Training," even though nothing was filmed that day. Later, I standardized the input, and errors dropped significantly.

I also wrote asset naming rules into WorkBuddy's instructions: Date_Student_Action_Version, e.g., 0908_XiaoZhao_Deadlift_v1.mp4. Then click Add Node, select File Organization, pointing to the training video folder. After running, the result panel splits into Matches Naming and Needs Renaming columns. This step is like warming up; it looks slow, but prevents injury.

I divided permissions into three layers. Open WorkBuddy, go to this process's Members & Permissions, and create roles. Editing Assistant can only change Editing Status and Subtitle Status, not touch Protein Reference. Operations can only view Publish Time and Video Topic, responsible for scheduling. Me retains final review, able to change all fields, but rarely does so daily. I no longer dump unstructured stuff like student meal photos directly into the process. Last week I wrote that the smarter WorkBuddy gets, the more likely it is to make judgments for me. Trying to estimate protein from photos almost calculated 135 grams as 135 minutes of training. Now I changed it so assistants manually enter gram counts, and WorkBuddy only aggregates and reminds.

Daily maintenance involves three fixed tasks. Every night at 22:00, spend ten minutes reviewing the Pending list generated by WorkBuddy. Export a table backup every Monday morning. Clean up old fields once a month; archive unused topics directly, don't leave them in the table to interfere with judgment. WorkBuddy's biggest fear is adding a little convenience each day until the process becomes a junk drawer.

I compared them item by item. In terms of task scope, ClipChamp and Doubao manage shots; WorkBuddy manages status. In terms of data standards, editing software eats footage; WorkBuddy eats fields. In terms of collaboration, editing software is more like a solo tool; WorkBuddy supports permission splitting.

Comparing them, editing software is like a good knife, slicing footage smoothly. WorkBuddy is more like a training plan; it doesn't do the moves for you, but reminds you how many sets to do today, who should spot, and where reshoots are needed. My environment is a small studio, so it might not apply to everyone. But if you're also filming student training daily, really don't start by looking for the strongest AI editor. Establish the tables, statuses, and permissions first, then let the tools run.

0 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
No replies yet — be the first to share your thoughts