After Enabling Conversation Memory in WorkBuddy, Night Shift Summaries Started Using Old Garbled Text as Templates
Community Discussion · Company Watch

After Enabling Conversation Memory in WorkBuddy, Night Shift Summaries Started Using Old Garbled Text as Templates

TangTangSep 72026/09/07 63 views

Night shift today. I came across a WorkBuddy beginner setup guide that said to change the default workspace to a non-system drive and enable conversation memory generation so it understands you better over time. I've been using it for about a month, splitting my schedule into three segments, and I've always kept files confined to a single folder out of caution. Seeing this tip made me tempted, so I enabled memory as suggested and imported my old scheduling prompts as legacy agent memories.

This morning, I tried to have it merge an anonymized CSV exported from the hospital system with an Excel handover sheet into a night shift summary. The first run didn't hang, but the headers were still garbled. On the second attempt, it claimed to have remembered my preferences and directly reused the processing result from the previous step. When I opened the memory file, I saw a string of garbled fields, looking like the CSV encoding hadn't been corrected. It got weirder with each run.

Should I not have imported those old prompts? Does WorkBuddy's conversation memory only record preferences, or does it also log erroneous outputs? Has anyone else encountered this? Should I clear the memory first, then process the CSV encoding and headers separately? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Si Nan
Si NanSep 8

This is clearly because vector retrieval didn't apply time-decay weighting; old garbage data has too high a weight and is skewing the new context.