Who Is the AI SEO Growth Framework Actually For?
Community Discussion · Tracks

Who Is the AI SEO Growth Framework Actually For?

Long JiLong JiSep 72026/09/07 83 views

I spent the weekend tinkering with an AI SEO growth framework and hit quite a few pitfalls. This news is worth noting; Hacker News discusses how Startups and SaaS companies use AI for search growth. I actually tried applying it to a test small SaaS site, taking about two days.

I didn't rush to write articles first. The most critical part of the framework is breaking down keywords, pages, and conversion goals. My approach was to list a table where each keyword maps to only one target page, and each page answers only one user question. Then connect data permissions. Many tools require access to Search Console, analytics backends, and site structure. I initially opened permissions too wide, and the pages I read didn't match expectations. Later, I switched to a local sandbox, granting access only to the test site and necessary directories. If data permissions fail, everything downstream is nonsense.

By the way, to explain: AI SEO needs to handle Google optimization and AI answer engines like ChatGPT and Perplexity simultaneously. GEO means making it easier for AI to cite your pages when answering.

I used AI search for three weeks, running three types of queries this time: simulating new users, evaluative users, and comparative users. I used SaasLyra for about three weeks, mainly looking at keyword clusters and page gaps. The left side groups by intent, and the right side hints at which words don't yet have corresponding pages. I used WorkBuddy for four weeks, setting up scheduled crawls to see how long-tail words appear in both types of search.

There were surprises too. After changing a comparison page from a feature list to "Scenario, Limitations, Evidence, Next Steps," AI search found it easier to summarize the page into clear answers. Tools became easier to read because the content structure was clearer. It doesn't generate traffic out of thin air, but it definitely makes machine reading easier.

The second half was trickier. The tools pulled out a bunch of words. Search volume looked decent, but intent was vague. For example, "best SaaS CRM"—people clicking in might just be browsing lists, far from registering. In my tests, words closer to purchase decisions like "pricing," "alternative," and "vs" were more useful.

Another pitfall is content generation. AI writes drafts quickly, but batch-generating ten articles reads like the same person swapping keywords. Later, I changed to creating briefs first, specifying that they must include user questions, competitor differences, and verifiable data; quality stabilized a bit. Technical audits also produce false positives; when sites have many parameter links, the same page gets counted as several. I used dry-run previews and found that auto-fixes almost messed up canonical tags (main page links). This reminded me: don't push automation straight to production; at least leave a rollback option.

My conclusion is: it depends. Recommended for small SaaS teams that already have clear users, pricing pages, and trial flows, as well as growth content roles. It speeds up keyword clustering, page attribution, and AI answer monitoring. Materials often say organic traffic share for B2B SaaS is not low, and guides put registration conversion targets in certain ranges. Numbers might not fit everyone, but the direction is correct: the value of AI SEO lies closer to closing deals.

Not suitable for personal sites that just got a domain, haven't defined the product, and lack real user feedback, nor for teams expecting to take off by batch-generating a hundred articles. Don't treat tools as magic. AI can organize, but it can't judge business for you. I wrote an article in mid-August about doing AI exposure for SaaS; now I'm more certain that tools account for half, and the other half is the conversion path. So I'd reserve this for small teams that already have a conversion path; for other cases, don't rush to stack tools.


📌 This article is compiled from Hacker News. Original: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=49597220

Copyright belongs to the original authors. This is a compilation and independent analysis based on public reports.

0 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
No replies yet — be the first to share your thoughts