WorkBuddy treats auto-replies as leads after receiving client emails. Anyone else seeing this?
Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy treats auto-replies as leads after receiving client emails. Anyone else seeing this?

Old ChenOld ChenSep 72026/09/07 54 views

I just came across a tutorial on SiteGround email forwarding aliases and auto-replies. It mentioned that addresses like info can be consolidated into one inbox, and you can even send confirmation emails to clients. I happen to be helping a friend see if WorkBuddy can handle incoming inquiry emails from his clients, then categorize them by quote requests, samples, or complaints. Honestly, I've been using WorkBuddy for about a month; it handles Excel files and meeting notes pretty smoothly, but as soon as I tried integrating email, I felt like a complete newbie again.

I first exported his client emails from the past week into txt files, mixed in a few WhatsApp screenshot inquiries, and asked it to generate a follow-up table. The result? It counted system auto-replies saying "We have received your email" as actual client messages. Some were duplicates of the original inquiries, and once there were too many fields, everything got messy. I also tried adding "ignore auto-replies" in the prompt, but it still categorized emails containing "auto reply" as pending follow-ups. Maybe my directory permissions weren't set up right, or maybe the column names in the template weren't consistent. I used to think WorkBuddy was more reliable as a central hub for data rather than fully automated, but now I realize I haven't figured out the email part yet.

Has anyone used WorkBuddy to process forwarded corporate email? For interference items like auto-replies, should we filter them at the email server level first, or let it read the headers to determine what's what? Did I mess up some setting, or is this step simply not suitable for automatic merging?

0 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
No replies yet — be the first to share your thoughts