How to Build a Collaboration Page for 100 People for Finance Use
I spent the weekend tinkering with Qwen Office's Multi-user Workspace and hit quite a few pitfalls.
The Multi-user Workspace lets AI build a webpage first that people can fill out and view together. The trigger was quarterly budget collection. Previously, we relied on group chats to collect forms, leading to inconsistent standards, but the real headache was dirty inputs for cash flow forecasting.
Cash flow forecasting is estimating future money inflows and outflows. News says this feature generates webpages supporting up to 100 concurrent online collaborators, suitable for event organization, home-school coordination, and enterprise collaboration. So I tried building an expense declaration page.
Below is the process as I saw it. The interface might change slightly with minor versions, but the logic remains the same.
Open Qwen Office and find Multi-user Workspace or the new collaboration entry point. I initially looked at the top of the homepage and couldn't find it; later I spotted it under the "Workspace/Collaboration" entry. When inputting requirements, don't just write "make an expense collection page." My first version was too vague, and the result looked like an event registration form. For the second version, I specified a quarterly expense declaration page with fields including Department, Account Category, Amount, Date, Invoice Status, and Owner, supporting multi-user filling, with a summary page showing totals by department and exporting tables for finance verification. After clicking Generate and Publish, I got a webpage draft with forms, summary cards, and collaboration entries. Expect to see editable fields, not immediate go-live.
Before publishing, adjust permissions. This step is crucial. Set the page link to "Accessible by designated departments," do not make it public. Once financial data enters a 100-person page, the cost of leakage far outweighs the saved labor. When inviting colleagues to fill it out, copy the link to the group chat and set a deadline. I had two people edit the same row simultaneously; the page supported collaboration, but conflict warnings weren't prominent enough. After exporting the summary, double-check the exported table against the invoice system. Don't treat the generated page as the ledger.
The benefit is that collecting forms is cleaner than group chats, fields are standardized, saving time for subsequent budget analysis. It pulls collaboration out of chat logs, making progress visible, so for cash flow forecasting, you at least know who hasn't reported yet. According to the news, it can handle complex business processes; if fields and summary logic are set correctly, small workflows don't require development.
The hassles are also specific. If requirement descriptions aren't detailed enough, the generated result looks like a template, not your business. If permissions and logs aren't enabled by default, I wouldn't dare push this to the finance team as a CFO. I previously wrote about whether to continue running after an agent goes rogue; the answer depends on whether there's traceable evidence. The same applies to multi-user collaboration. Exported fields might not match the company's financial system standards, requiring secondary cleaning by finance.
My testing suggests it's suitable for temporary collaboration and lightweight processes, not as a core system directly. Whether it improves cash flow depends on the man-hours saved by reducing form collection from several days to one, versus the cost of audit remediation due to permission leaks or standard mismatches. For CFOs, a 100-person collaboration page needs to turn dirty inputs into an auditable intermediate layer. Beginners should start with a small process that doesn't touch money, like event registration or document collection, to master permissions, exports, and archiving before tackling budgets and expenses.
Physix Frontier