After Using WorkBuddy, I Let It Organize My Schedule but Not Plan It
Community Discussion · Company Watch

After Using WorkBuddy, I Let It Organize My Schedule but Not Plan It

SleepySleepySep 72026/09/07 304 views

Yesterday I scrolled past an App Store message saying Moki can act as an AI butler for iOS native Calendar and Reminders, automatically creating schedules, moving entire blocks of plans, analyzing time data, and turning intentions into executable plans. I felt sleepy after reading it, but then woke up a bit. I understand this need; when you don't want to move in the middle of the night, you definitely hope something will arrange tomorrow for you. But as a psychological counselor, I am increasingly wary of that smoothness that decides for you directly.

My information sources for the week are very fragmented. There are supervision discussions in Tencent Meeting, appointment and administrative notices in emails, scattered notes in Craft, case materials in PDFs, a bunch of "check this when you're free" messages in WeChat, and some old to-dos in Reminders that I'd even forgotten about myself. If tools like Moki primarily serve iOS native Calendar and Reminders, the biggest difficulty for me is that my tasks aren't originally in one box; capability is secondary.

I tried organizing solely with the calendar app last week, and I still missed three things: a supervision summary to archive, a collaboration email to reply to, and a case review to write. They didn't become visible tasks.

I previously wrote a post about WorkBuddy, the gist being that it's only suitable as a scribe, not for intervening in empathy and judgment. Now I'm bringing this boundary to scheduling. In my case, WorkBuddy takes on the role of an information organizer, not a time butler.

The specific method isn't complicated. I first export or copy the materials to be processed for the week into a temporary folder, containing only desensitized content. Client names and specific case details don't go into WorkBuddy; only task types and deadlines are retained. Then I let WorkBuddy do four things: read email summaries, read meeting transcripts, read to-dos in PDFs, and merge duplicate items into a table.

I wrote the prompts very strictly. It only performs structured extraction; no comforting, no advice, no priority judgment. Each task output field includes task content, source, expected time, deadline, dependencies, and needs manual confirmation. For vague times like "before end of month," "when free," or "ASAP," uniformly mark them as "to be confirmed"; do not auto-fill dates. When the same item appears in multiple sources, merge them but retain the source count. No task can be directly marked as completed.

This set of prompts is like setting rules for an intern. WorkBuddy is indeed more stable than general chat boxes in this regard. It can organize a dozen scattered pieces of content into a single table, listing sources, times, and risks, like flattening papers on a desk.

The table I had it generate is divided into four categories: executable this week, discuss next week, insufficient information, cannot be executed automatically. The last column is crucial. For example, archiving supervision records: WorkBuddy can organize them, but whether they can be archived and which directory they go to requires my review. It doesn't click confirm for me.

In terms of effectiveness, my testing shows that originally organizing next week's tasks on Sunday took over an hour. Now, throwing the materials in, waiting for the draft, and manually reviewing it takes about twenty minutes. The saved time isn't huge, but it saves the most painful part: starting from a blur.

However, WorkBuddy has pitfalls too. With complex structures like merged cells in tables, it still makes errors. Last week I gave it an administrative shift schedule with several cross-row merges, and it split the same person responsible into three different tasks. Later I added a validation column, listing the person responsible and date separately, which stabilized things a bit. Date expressions aren't fully reliable either; "by next Wednesday" sometimes calculates as current date plus three days, rather than calculating based on the actual next Wednesday on the calendar. So now I only let it make drafts, not write directly into Reminders.

I understand Moki's selling points well. It automatically operates Calendar and Reminders, recommends time slots based on gaps, identifies task types, alerts conflicts, and even helps break tasks into small steps. This direction is useful for many people, especially those with relatively simple life rhythms, whose items are all within the iOS ecosystem, and who need external push. It's like a very diligent butler.

Personally, I don't like leaving "when to do what" entirely to AI. A common situation in counseling work is that clients often already know what to do but have done too many "shoulds," draining themselves. If time management tools are too good at arranging, it's easy to mistakenly think being arranged equals being understood. The benefit of WorkBuddy is clearer here. It doesn't make schedule decisions for me; it just organizes materials into drafts that I can refute, modify, and leave traces on.

WorkBuddy is suitable for time organization, not for being a time butler. It handles documents, spreadsheets, emails, meeting transcripts, and file categorization, indeed helping pull scattered information back onto the same plane. But once it involves deciding what time to do it, which one first, whether to refuse, or whether it's over-promising, it shouldn't take the human's place.

I also accept some automation. Currently, I only enable one layer of automation: WorkBuddy generates the draft table, and I manually sync it to Craft and Reminders. It's responsible for lowering the startup cost; I'm responsible for retaining decision-making power. This combination allows someone with procrastination like me to at least admit that the tools are smart enough; the problem is that I've always been afraid to turn ambiguity into clarity. As a psychological counselor, I diagnosed myself, and the conclusion is hopeless. But WorkBuddy at least lets me be hopeless with slightly more order.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Is Operator Fusion Done?

This logic is just like operator fusion—only moving data without doing scheduling is the right way. Don't expect black boxes to solve global optimization problems.

Warehouse Running

Can schedules be auto-organized? In our warehouse dispatching, path conflicts are a mess to calculate. No matter how smart the scheduling is, it's useless.