Community Discussion · Tracks

WorkBuddy Drops Charts in Defense PPTs, Any Config Tips?

Lun Wen HeLun Wen HeSep 72026/09/07 37 views

I've been fed up with defense PPTs lately. I just finished revising the thesis body, and my advisor told me to compress the presentation to under fifteen minutes. I saw a post saying AI can make PPTs by breaking down papers according to academic logic, so I wanted to try it with WorkBuddy.

I've been using WorkBuddy for about a month, usually just letting it organize literature packages or check terminology. Making a PPT was a first. I threw the Word document of my paper in, specifically telling it to extract structure only and not generate body text, fearing plagiarism checks. I asked it to extract research background, methods, results, and conclusions, then apply a white-background academic template. The outline for the first few pages looked okay, but when exporting the PPT, all images in tables turned into gray placeholder boxes, and one page showed an error about unresolved template variables. I just wanted to reference it, seriously, but it even split the acknowledgments and references into the main body.

I tried deleting the acknowledgments and running it again, but it left the innovation points page blank instead. Does WorkBuddy require manual field mapping for PPT creation, or is it just not suitable for generating directly from thesis bodies? Has anyone done a similar workflow? Which step between upload and export is most prone to errors?

0 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
No replies yet — be the first to share your thoughts