
Smarter WorkBuddy Misinterprets Student Meal Tray Photos, Anyone Else?
I have a counter-intuitive feeling now: the smarter WorkBuddy gets, the more easily it makes judgments for me. Used it for nearly a month. I originally thought it could link WeChat, spreadsheets, and photos, but tried it with student meal tray photos over the last couple of days, leading me into an interesting pitfall. It identifies things diligently but over-completes information.
Got up at five today to train legs, burned out. While changing clothes, I scrolled past those AI tools that calculate calories from photos, claiming they estimate protein and carbs in seconds. I wondered if WorkBuddy could organize student-submitted meal tray photos, voice notes, and text records into a reviewable daily report. Goal was simple: who ate how many grams of protein, did training volume stack up for the day?
I created a folder, dumped some morning photos taken by students and text records in, asked it to identify food, protein, carbs, training days, and compile a daily report. Result: It tried hard but went off track. With one photo of a pink bowl, it identified ~120g chicken breast as 120 minutes of training and even generated a color tag for the bowl.
I learned my lesson later: ask it to do one thing at a time. Identify protein first, then organize. But with photos, it seems to trust text more than visuals. Changed prompts three rounds, requiring "protein grams" instead of just "protein," and numerical values instead of units. It still writes "about a fist" from voice notes as "1 fist" without conversion.
Maybe I misunderstand it. Previously I thought WorkBuddy was more like a configurable system. Now I'm stuck: if student data is inherently scattered photos, voice notes, and half-sentences, do I need to create standardized forms first before letting it handle subsequent organization?
Has anyone tried throwing meal tray photos and WeChat records together into WorkBuddy? Did I set something wrong, or should unstructured stuff like this not be left to direct judgment?
Physix Frontier