
WorkBuddy CSV Import for Shift Summaries Causes Header Garbling, Anyone Else?
Working the night shift today. Came across an article about Agentic Ward, saying AI shouldn't just record processes but needs to connect systems, devices, and care workflows. I didn't think it was that impressive; all I could think of was my pile of spreadsheets every day.
I've been using WorkBuddy for about a month. I split my scheduling into three segments to run, which barely saves some time. Just started getting the hang of CSVs these past few days. I want to merge the anonymized scheduling CSV exported from the hospital system with the Excel handover sheet, generate a night shift summary, and send it to my email.
Based on past experience, I created a separate folder containing only files, ensuring it doesn't touch other paths. Put one CSV there and one Excel file. Asked it to read both tables, merge them by bed number and shift, output a Markdown summary, and then send the email.
Result: When reading the CSV, the Chinese headers turned into gibberish directly. The IV drip column was misaligned too, with some content ending up in the notes. The email step was even weirder—everything generated fine until the sending stage, where it said insufficient channel permissions. I re-logged into the email account, no use. Switched to my personal email, still no use.
I'm not sure now if it's a CSV encoding issue or if WorkBuddy's understanding of table fields is unstable. Maybe I was too greedy from the start, asking it to handle everything from reading to sending in one go. But after a night shift, I really don't want to manually open the hospital system, export CSVs, merge Excels, and copy summaries.
Has anyone successfully run this workflow? Do I need to convert the CSV to standard UTF-8 first, or configure the email part separately? Or did I mess up some setting somewhere.
Physix Frontier