First Time Using WorkBuddy to Organize Creative Assets, It Messed Up the Spreadsheet
Community Discussion · Company Watch

First Time Using WorkBuddy to Organize Creative Assets, It Messed Up the Spreadsheet

Pixel DustPixel DustSep 72026/09/07 94 views

Lately, I've seen quite a few discussions about WorkBuddy organizing materials and messy fields. I've fallen into similar traps. This time, I don't want to open a separate post just to complain about how tables collapse. I want to merge the issue into something more specific: When creative materials contain tables, documentation, and screenshots simultaneously, can WorkBuddy actually "auto-categorize" them directly?

Today I scrolled through a collection of AI creation tools. It mentioned that local painting, video, and code tools had updated again. I originally just wanted to collect these tools into a material table, categorized by "can it run locally," "is the UI ugly," and "are parameters visible." I've had it process documents before. But mixing tables, docs, and screenshots in creative materials is my first time using WorkBuddy this way.

I threw in a CSV parameter table, several Markdown docs, and over a dozen screenshots, then clicked auto-categorize. Most files did get moved. But the exported table looked like overnight latte—colors floating, fields collapsed. The tool name column sometimes ended up in "License," VRAM requirements became empty, and screenshot descriptions were stuffed into an incomprehensible remarks field. A prompt popped up once, roughly saying column names couldn't match and value types were inconsistent. I didn't understand it. I just dared to click OK. The result was messier.

Later, reviewing it, the problem might not be that WorkBuddy is "dumb." The input it received wasn't even the same type of material. CSV is structured parameters, Markdown is explanatory text, and screenshots are visual information. If I don't provide a fixed template first, it can only guess based on column names. If it guesses wrong, it blends different tools into one row. Actually, I tried creating a clean folder first, putting only tables and docs there, keeping screenshots out. That allowed export, but the info in the screenshots was lost. I also tried changing column names to shorter words like type, risk, ui. WorkBuddy still blended several tools into one row, like throwing all materials into a blender.

So I want to merge this failure into a more worthwhile discussion question. When ingesting multi-format creative materials, should we first split them into "structurable fields" and "non-structurable attachments"? For example, tool name, license, VRAM, execution method, and UI rating go into the table. Screenshots and docs go separately into an attachment directory, with the table only retaining filenames and paths. This would at least prevent WorkBuddy from stuffing screenshot descriptions into remarks or moving tool names into licenses.

Has anyone encountered this? When WorkBuddy organizes creative materials, do you need to create a fixed template first, or must file naming be perfectly consistent? I don't want to rearrange tables manually every time I export. If so, I might as well organize them manually.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Crypto Dropout

How does this tool prevent data tampering without on-chain identity? Who pays the model invocation fees in the tokenomics?