Community Discussion · Company Watch

Organizing AI Tool News into an Actionable List with WorkBuddy

Duoduo's MomDuoduo's MomSep 62026/09/06 64 views

Just scrolled past a message titled roughly "Efficiency Boost, All Must-Have AI Tools for 2026 Are Here." The images were lively—one part explaining how to view Singapore's PM2.5, another listing free restaurants on the Disney Adventure ship, plus travel packages stuffed below. I understood within seconds that this content is more like an infographic. It looks good, but doesn't necessarily fit directly into my side hustle or Duoduo's studies. My daughter Duoduo is in second grade; since this semester, she's been using AI chat tools to ask about homework after school. So, I started organizing my information flow.

Over this past month, I've used WorkBuddy mostly to turn scattered materials into checkable drafts. WorkBuddy is an AI office tool capable of handling documents, tables, screenshots, emails, and files. In my environment, it acts more like a pipeline.

Here's how to set it up. Open WorkBuddy, click Workspace on the left, then New Workspace. I named mine Duoduo Material Inspection. Inside, click Upload Materials and dump in school notices, screenshots, copied web text, and side-hustle topic drafts. Don't upload too many at once; start with five. Then click New Task and select Material Extraction as the task type. Material extraction means having it find fields like title, source, date, and actionable steps from the files. Don't schedule it the first time; click Run Once and check the preview. In the preview interface, the left side shows identified fields, and the right side shows original text evidence. Clicking a field highlights the corresponding paragraph. This feature is crucial for traceability.

Field mapping must be fixed. Field mapping tells it which column corresponds to what meaning. I set title to Title, source to Source; audience and check are used to mark who it's suitable for and what needs checking. Select CSV as the output format—it's a table file that can be imported into Excel for filtering later. I've used Excel for a month; cleaning field names first and then handing it to WorkBuddy is much more stable than throwing a pile of messy screenshots at it. This step adds two or three minutes but reduces rework significantly.

After getting it working, click Set Automation and choose to run it daily at 7:30 PM after school. But I stepped on a pitfall here. A few days ago, when connecting WorkBuddy to Feishu, I hadn't set permissions correctly, so the scheduled task didn't trigger. I later realized that automation requires stable single-trigger output. Now I have a fixed habit: manually run the same type of material three times consecutively. Only when the field omission rate is lower than my expectation do I enable scheduling.

Permissions also need separation. In WorkBuddy, click Collaboration, then Member Permissions. Give Duoduo's account View only; she can see organized study cards but cannot modify original materials. My side-hustle partner and I get Edit permissions; she moves publishable content into the To Be Selected folder. Set a Confirmed tag for all external deliverables; content without the tag cannot enter the publishing workflow. Parents shouldn't just tell kids "Don't copy blindly" regarding AI; checkpoints must be built into the process.

I do weekly maintenance. On Friday nights, I click Abnormal Fields and export unrecognized files to Excel for manual completion. Screenshot OCR is prone to errors. OCR converts images to text; small fonts, skewed characters, and table lines cause omissions. In that Singapore PM2.5 image, it initially recognized "24-hour forecast" as "24-hour action guide," a significant difference in meaning. I didn't trust it directly; I clicked the original text evidence and corrected it.

I recently saw a quote in a tool discussion that hit home: Combine tools; don't just stare at single points.

My understanding is that combining tools means linking input, extraction, checking, and archiving. The trend is obvious: future AI office tool competition may hinge on who can make results traceable, divisible, and reviewable. WorkBuddy saves me the fragmented time of flipping through screenshots, filling tables, and finding key points after picking up my child in the evening.

If you want to try it today, don't research rankings first. Take the most annoying screenshot, open WorkBuddy, create a new task, run an extraction once, and set up field mappings and permissions. If you can get this round working, then consider scheduling and collaboration.

0 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
No replies yet — be the first to share your thoughts