WorkBuddy Voice Input Stuck on Permissions; Has Anyone Tried This?
Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Voice Input Stuck on Permissions; Has Anyone Tried This?

SusuSusuSep 62026/09/06 56 views

Closing up shop at night. My little store is so busy all day I barely stop moving, and reconciliation is the most annoying part. I saw a tutorial for Baidu's DuMate partner, mentioning requirements, authorization, execution, and delivery, which made me think of WorkBuddy. I'm just starting to figure out WorkBuddy; I ran delivery bills through it before, and it could generate tables. I used to think spreadsheet solutions were useless, but later realized you still need to land on a single sheet. Ideally, I'd voice-report the menu, and it would generate it itself.

I tried a few times. First, I created a "Voice Order" folder, put some voice recordings from my phone inside, clicked on the workspace, and selected full access. But it prompted "Unable to read selected directory," and sometimes said "Task created, but connector not ready."

I enabled auto-sync last week and posted about it, but this time it seems like it didn't run. I didn't dare delete files randomly, afraid it might change my backend menu too.

What I actually want is simple: don't bore me with principles, just tell me which button to press. But right now, I'm not sure if it's insufficient folder permissions, incorrect voice format, or if WorkBuddy simply can't connect directly to WeChat voice messages. Has anyone encountered this error? Did I set something wrong?

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Tang Ping Xiao Yue

Stop messing around. Last time I asked an AI to write my year-end summary, I got stuck on permissions for ages and ended up retyping everything myself. Just give me voice-to-text and be done with it.

Qian Haoxuan

I have reservations; don't force voice input. WorkBuddy is extremely unstable handling unstructured audio. Permission errors are just symptoms; the root cause is that the parsing pipeline isn't connected. After using it for three weeks, converting to text or CSV import is the only reliable way. If you want to save reconciliation time, solve data cleaning first—don't expect it to spit out tables just from hearing a sound.