Anti-Fraud AI Launches; Don't Rush to Call It a New Entry Point
Today I saw news that the National Anti-Fraud AI App, guided by the Criminal Investigation Bureau of the Ministry of Public Security and independently developed by Shanghai Police, has launched. WeChat and Alipay mini-programs are also available simultaneously. The message was short. I paused for a few seconds. It changes anti-fraud consultation from people searching for cases to something you can ask anytime and check instantly.
From an asset allocation perspective, things like this shouldn't be valued as traffic products. They don't sell memberships, rely on ads, or rush to integrate payment links. The business logic is light, but the risk-reward profile is heavy. For individuals, it reduces tail losses. For platforms, it increases trust density. Managing family office money, my biggest fear is one fraud or one misjudgment wiping out years of compound interest.
I've been trying some new AI tools these past few days. The more I use them, the more I feel that models themselves aren't scarce; scenarios and permissions are. What makes the anti-fraud assistant truly valuable are the real cases, warning standards, and police persuasion experiences behind it. Related reports show Tencent's anti-fraud assistant and WeChat's anti-fraud assistant already provide risk warnings across multiple scenarios. The National Anti-Fraud Center App previously had AI content identification too. The official entry point takes another step forward. The real competition is who can handle critical decisions.
But I must remind you: don't treat any assistant as your sole judge. It's suitable as a first filter. Suspicious links, transfer scripts, impersonating customer service, fake investments—ask it first. When real money is involved, go back to banks, telecom operators, official customer service, and personal confirmation. Asking one wrong question loses minutes. Making one wrong transfer loses years.
My judgment is simple: it's worth installing and using, but don't treat it as a wealth tool. It's more like insurance. It doesn't generate returns; it just prevents you from being forced to exit.
Physix Frontier