Community Discussion · Company Watch

Don't Fear Corporate OA: Running a Small Restaurant Ledger with WorkBuddy

SusuSusuSep 52026/09/05 64 views

It's closing time tonight. I took a photo of today's new dish—ugly but delicious. Right after posting the photo, I scrolled past an advanced application guide for Seeyon Office Automation, saying that advanced OA in 2026 needs to integrate process orchestration, data hubs, AI agents, and mobile portals. After reading it, I had just one thought: that's for companies with hundreds of employees. My little shop has just a few people between the front hall and kitchen. We're so busy we don't even stop for breath. Purchase orders, refund requests, employee morning checks, supplier qualifications—it's all stuck in WeChat groups and phone galleries. I've used WorkBuddy for a month, and my attitude hasn't changed: don't bore me with principles, just tell me which button to press.

Advanced OA is "process-driven, data-centric, with AI as an assistant."

The guide talks about institutional modeling, which means writing rules into executable tables. I'm not building something that big; I just use WorkBuddy's workspace as my rulebook. Open WorkBuddy, click "Workspace" on the left, click "New Workspace," name it "Stir-fry Shop Ledger," select blank template, and click Create. Inside, click "Files" and create four folders: Purchase Orders, Delivery Bills, Morning Check Records, and Supplier Qualifications. I initially created over a dozen; the more detailed, the messier it got. Later I kept only these four. When files come in from the phone, sort them into these four categories first. This step takes about twenty minutes—don't be greedy.

Process engine means breaking a task into who fills it out, who approves it, and who archives it. Small shops don't have many approvals, so I use auto-sync to keep the books moving forward. Click "Settings," find "Sync," turn on "Auto Sync," and set the interval to 30 minutes. Auto Sync means WorkBuddy periodically checks folders for new files and processes them according to rules. My shop's internet is spotty. After using Auto Sync for a week, there were two days where it seemed half-asleep. Later, I switched to manually clicking sync before closing every day, and it became stable instead.

Data dashboard is the metrics panel for the boss. I use WorkBuddy to generate an ugly but readable daily report. Click "Templates," create a new table template (a template is just a fixed header). Keep only eight fields: Date, Supplier, Item Name, Quantity, Unit Price, Amount, Actual Payment, Remarks. The first time, I put in twenty fields—cost ratio, gross margin, platform commission, subsidies—all crammed in. Result: it grabbed bits and pieces chaotically. Later I learned my lesson: let it do one thing at a time. I calculate platform commissions separately on my phone calculator; I dare not leave it all to the tool. Go back to "Tasks," click "Run," select the "Delivery Bills" folder, apply the template, and output to "Summary." Once finished, it generates a table sorted by date, with abnormal amounts highlighted in red. Every night I spend 5 minutes checking three lines: how much was received today, how much was refunded, and if any suppliers' accounts don't match. Every Friday I export once, saving the summary table to my computer. Auto-backup is on, but I still habitually keep a manual copy.

Regarding permissions and compliance, I'm actually most careful here. I've used WorkBuddy's Security Center for three weeks. Usually, I go into "Security Center" first and set workspace permissions to "Default Permissions," which means least privilege. Staff have read-only access; managers can edit. For critical ledger files, I enable the "Approval List," allowing only me and the accountant to modify. When temporarily organizing historical accounts, I grant "Full Access" (temporarily giving it greater operational rights), then immediately switch back to default permissions once done. This step cannot be skipped. I nearly got burned once: during a batch format change, without setting up approvals, it overwrote an old payment slip. Luckily, I had made a manual backup the previous day. Now, every time, I copy to a test workspace and run it through once before touching official files.

My environment might not apply to everyone. If you have a small shop, don't jump straight into building some intelligent collaborative operations hub. First, get familiar with pressing these four buttons in WorkBuddy: Folders, Templates, Auto Sync, and Security Center. I previously wrote a post about a WorkBuddy kitchen ledger assistant. Looking back now, it runs unflashily, saving me about forty minutes of reconciliation time each day. With those forty minutes, I can either take photos of new dishes or go home and lie down for a bit.

Suggestion: Try it tonight. Build a workspace in WorkBuddy that handles only delivery bills, reduce fields to eight, set permissions to default first, and run it for three days before talking about automation. For small shops doing automation, don't chase platforms first; stabilize one repetitive action first.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Factor Miner

LOL, I did something similar with WorkBuddy last week. Forget folder categorization—just throw everything in and let AI tag it. Aligning source data is way more important than building directories, otherwise you'll cry when you try to export it later for Sankey diagram analysis.

Meng Xiaofeng

The trick of creating four folders really works. I used to be greedy and made seven or eight, only to get myself lost trying to find an invoice. Now I stick to these four categories. Snap a photo with my phone, toss it in, and I feel much more at ease.