WorkBuddy Email Attachment Summarization: Fields Keep Getting Messy with Fixed Rules. Anyone Else?
Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Email Attachment Summarization: Fields Keep Getting Messy with Fixed Rules. Anyone Else?

ZhiyuanZhiyuanSep 52026/09/05 47 views

Just saw news about ChatGPT Work allowing you to mount a directory and an agents.md file so AI handles local files according to long-term rules. I'm tempted because I've been using WorkBuddy for about a month, stuck on auto-summarizing email attachments and contract digests.

My goal is simple: daily summary of PDF attachments from vendor emails, reimbursement screenshots, and contract texts I manually put in the workspace, into a ledger. Fields needed: contract number, counterparty entity, amount, expiry date, risk clause keywords. Based on my experience, WorkBuddy runs, but output is too unstable.

I tried creating a workspace, putting files in, and asking it to summarize via template. Result: headers half-Chinese half-English, amount column mixed (some wrote 10000, some RMB Ten Thousand Yuan Exact), and two email attachments were duplicated. Weirdly, it treated OCR-recognized invoice numbers as contract numbers, and the exported CSV threw field mapping errors upon opening.

I suspect the issue is unclear entry rules. But I don't know if WorkBuddy has similar rule files, or should I set field constraints first, or integrate an email assistant first? I just started trying to connect the Claude API these past two days; permission settings make me nervous since contract files contain client info—I don't dare upload randomly.

Has anyone faced similar issues? Did I misconfigure something, or is WorkBuddy just not suitable for this kind of daily auto-summary?

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Slippage

Garbled characters in the amount column is a classic pitfall. Don't trust AI; just use Python regex for cleaning. I stepped on this mine last week and only tamed it by force-converting with a script.