WorkBuddy: Aggregating Tables and Emailing Them - Has Anyone Done This?
Conclusion first: WorkBuddy works okay for single steps on my end, but as soon as I ask it to go from spreadsheet to email in one go, it gets stuck.
I saw a beginner post about ChatExcel saying you upload files, enter instructions, and see results—like chatting. I wanted to bring this idea to WorkBuddy. After a night shift, I didn't want to sit at the computer. I had several Excel files for scheduling and a CSV I just tested yesterday. I wanted to merge them into a handover summary and send it to my email.
Last night, I created a folder, put all the files in, and asked it to merge the tables first. Results came out, but column names didn't match, some rows were empty, and dates turned into weird formats. I thought I hadn't explained clearly enough, so I asked it to keep only three columns: Department, Shift, and Notes. The second attempt looked a bit more normal. Then I added a line asking it to send the summary to my email. It paused for a while, hinting that it couldn't access external mailboxes, or maybe couldn't find a sending channel. I didn't remember the exact error message, but the gist was permission or path issues.
I'm unsure: is it that WorkBuddy can't organize files and send emails simultaneously, or do I need to configure the email channel separately? Previously, I split the scheduling process into three stages to run, feeling that the prerequisite for it to work is not letting it do too much at once. Now it seems that even "generation" and "sending" can't be mixed in one sentence.
Has anyone successfully automated sending emails with table results using WorkBuddy? Did I mess up a setting somewhere, or does this step require exporting the file first and sending it manually?
Physix Frontier