Community Discussion · Tracks

WorkBuddy Output Node Fails to Save Markdown - Anyone Else?

Lun Wen HeLun Wen HeSep 42026/09/04 32 views

What annoys me most is that I just asked WorkBuddy to save the polished result as Markdown, and it insisted the path doesn't exist. I'm a third-year master's student, have been using WorkBuddy for about a month, mostly to organize literature packs and check terminology consistency. I saw a zero-basics tutorial saying you can build automated workflows, so I got lazy and wanted to chain together the three English PDFs my advisor just threw at me: extract terms, unify translations, generate summaries, and save as Markdown.

I configured the nodes according to the guide. Everything went smoothly until the output stage, where it got stuck. The prompt was roughly "Save path does not exist, please check configuration." I changed D:workbuddy_outputarticle.md to D:workbuddy_output, but it still failed. Then I tried saving to the Desktop, and it popped up "Insufficient permissions." The tutorial said you can use themes plus timestamps as variables. I tried that, but the filename field stayed empty, and clicking run brought me back to the path error.

Maybe I misunderstood—is it that the output node can't take a full path directly, requiring me to create the folder first, or is the variable format wrong? Previously, it mixed up translating "agency" and "subjectivity," and I almost pasted it into my paper, so I'm extremely wary of automated outputs now; I want to check every step myself. But my advisor is pushing hard, and I really don't want to manually paste summaries and glossaries anymore.

Has anyone successfully run a similar flow? Is this ultimately a path issue or are the nodes not connected properly? Maybe I messed up some setting somewhere.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Shua Ti Zhong

Don't use Chinese for variable names; WorkBuddy's underlying parser tends to crash. I stepped on this landmine when building data pipelines. Try switching to pure English with underscores? Also, best avoid spaces in paths...