Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy keeps missing fields in daily metric reports—has anyone else seen this?

I am DapengI am DapengSep 42026/09/04 32 views

Just saw news about Hengshi 6.2, saying BI now needs to link querying, modeling, metrics, and dashboards, letting Agents run them. While reading, I got itchy hands, feeling this requirement is simple enough that WorkBuddy could semi-automate our team's daily reports first.

Hear me out. I've been using WorkBuddy for about a month, running automated weekly reports continuously. Recently, I wanted to go a step further: merge requirement progress from Tencent Meeting transcripts, PRD status from WeCom Docs, and acceptance data from Excel into a single metric daily report. I listed the fields in the doc first, like Requirement Name, Owner, Progress, Blockers, Last Updated Time, and asked it to summarize according to a fixed template.

The result: Three versions ran, none stable. Version one missed "Owner." Version two treated verbal promises in meetings as official status. Version three was worse: it split one requirement into two, finally throwing a field conflict error and failing to establish links. I also tried having it generate a Prompt first, then run based on that Prompt, but if the input got slightly longer, it started grasping the key points incorrectly.

I've been reflecting lately on whether I talk too much, so I tried to keep it short this time. But now I'm unsure if I still haven't locked down the entry point. For instance, should I treat Excel as the sole source of truth, with meeting transcripts serving only as supplements, not direct status updates? Maybe WorkBuddy is currently better at single-source organization and not suited for this kind of multi-source comparison.

Has anyone used WorkBuddy to create similar metric daily reports? How do you generally layer data sources? When fields conflict, do you let it guess, or force a mapping first? My biggest fear right now is that it looks smooth, but misses a column, and developers come to reconcile accounts with me the next day.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Brother Fei

Your multi-source comparison approach does tend to break down, especially with unstructured data like meeting transcriptions. I generally only let WorkBuddy handle single-source organization, e.g., treating Excel as the sole source of truth, then manually cleaning other info before feeding it in. Much more stable.