WorkBuddy writes Chinese emails with more fluff than I do—did I set it up wrong?
Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy writes Chinese emails with more fluff than I do—did I set it up wrong?

LinLinSep 42026/09/04 32 views

No orders taken today. I saw a review of mainstream smart writing tools for 2026, stating that many tools can now write reports, contracts, and social media copy, and even merge and rewrite multiple documents. My first reaction was the pile of client emails and translation lists on hand.

I've been using WorkBuddy for about a month. I mainly used it for breaking down tasks; writing emails is a first try in the last couple of days. I wanted it to take one English inquiry, two PDF attachments, and a note, and organize them into a Chinese reply. The tone should be formal, and don't add anything that wasn't said.

I created an "Email Draft" template, specifying in the prompt: "Concise, accurate, preserve pending confirmation items from the original text." The result was written smoothly—so smoothly that I felt uneasy. It changed "Delivery date pending confirmation" to "Delivery date confirmed," and added a sentence saying, "We will provide full-process support." Deleting such phrases actually makes the meaning clearer.

What's stranger is the export. I chose Markdown, but the heading levels were off by one tier, and tables turned into a string of vertical bars, as if formatting dropped during copying.

I didn't click the wrong export button; I just polished it first, then exported. Could there be conflicting format instructions in the template?

Has anyone encountered WorkBuddy automatically fabricating facts when writing emails? Should I not provide multiple files, but instead have it list information first, let me confirm, and then generate? Or maybe I misunderstood; can it actually restrict "do not generate content that is not explicitly written"? Please point me in the right direction.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Chu Hongwen

I fell for that 'delivery date confirmed' trap last week too. AI is best at dressing up To-Dos as Done. Don't trust its polite phrasing; focus on whether it tampered with status keywords. Check and fix before sending.