WorkBuddy misclassifies job roles when archiving resumes—is my prompt too soft?
I saw that intro post about Coze (Kouzi), saying Agents can have long-term memory, call skills, and understand you better the more you use them. My first thought was: can I offload resume archiving to it too? Honestly, AI office tools look ready-to-use out of the box, making it easy to forget that recruitment processes are full of messy grunt work. I’ve been using WorkBuddy for about a month; it’s pretty steady for breaking down JDs and organizing interview questions. Recently, I wanted to try something more specific: automatically create folders for resumes received in my cloud drive over the past week by job role, generate a summary table, and push the results to a Feishu (Lark) group.
I clicked file organization in WorkBuddy, uploaded a dozen PDFs and screenshots, and specified sorting by job role, identifying company name, position, graduation date, and internship status. It did move, but the classification was wildly off. Three operations roles got mixed into Product Manager; internships were labeled as formal work experience; two resumes clearly had "2026 Campus Recruitment" in the filename but were categorized under Social Recruitment. The summary table was generated, but the column headers were a mess—one was literally named "Unknown." Later, I changed the instruction to output reasoning first for manual confirmation, but it hung for a long time showing "Analyzing," then finally prompted insufficient permissions or "Group bot connecting." I only connected the Feishu group bot less than a week ago, so I’m not sure if that step is dragging things down.
I’m starting to suspect I oversimplified the recruitment workflow. But the problem still needs solving. Has anyone encountered auto-archiving getting messier the more you archive? Should I hardcode job rules with strict conditions like company, keywords, and graduation year instead of letting it interpret? Or do Skills and group bots require fixing permissions and output formats beforehand?
Resumes can be polished, but folders shouldn’t be chaotic. Seeking guidance from veterans.
Physix Frontier