
Don't expect AI to instantly grasp investment interviews
I compared the Claude API and WorkBuddy by actually running through the process. Here's the conclusion upfront: If you want to turn an AI investment interview into checkable cards for later review, WorkBuddy is more hassle-free; the newly started Claude API is better suited for secondary breakdowns. But don't expect it to directly tell you whether "AI makes investors rational or anxious." Tools can break interviews down into checkable cards, but they won't judge for you whether a viewpoint is suitable for a paper.
My advisor asked me to try turning that Bloomberg Tech video—where the Magnetar founder discusses AI's impact on investor psychology—into seminar notes. Basically: The original info is just the title and a short intro, so the notes need to distinguish between facts, inferences, and missing evidence. I opened the official site first, seeing the title "Magnetar Founder on AI’s Impact on Investors’ Mindsets," sourced from Bloomberg Tech, dated 2026-09-03. Pitfall alert here: Don't assume tools can automatically understand videos. Both WorkBuddy and the Claude API require you to feed them text; they won't fill in gaps out of thin air.
Step one: Open WorkBuddy, create a new note, and title it "Magnetar Interview Psychology Breakdown." Think of WorkBuddy as a document organization workbench, good for turning scattered text into fields. I pasted the official site title and summary in, then added a few keywords from my phone memo: AI, investors, psychology, Magnetar. Then I entered the prompt: Please break this down into three columns: "Confirmable Facts," "Inferences Only," and "Needs Subtitle Verification," and do not fabricate details you haven't seen. After about two minutes, it gave me a table. Under Confirmable Facts, it noted this is a Bloomberg Tech video report themed around the Magnetar founder discussing AI's impact on investor psychology; under Inferences, it suggested potential topics like decision-making, risk appetite, and information overload, but marked all of these as "not provided in original text." I exported the output to Markdown and jotted down a line in my phone memo: This step is just laying out the questions clearly, not providing conclusions.
Step two: Switch to the Claude API. An API is essentially a program interface; I had a local script send the text to the model and receive the response. Since I only first touched it on September 3rd, I'm still in the beginner phase. I used Claude Code to set up a small project, saving the website text as input.md. Claude Code is a terminal assistant that helps you modify code and run scripts; I used it to write a short Python file that reads input.md and calls the Claude API. At one point, I even considered using Codex to read local files, but its classification of non-code documents wasn't stable, so I reverted to Claude Code. First snag: The key wasn't configured correctly, and the terminal threw a permission error. Later, I wrote the key into a local config file .env, re-ran the script, and finally saw the reply.
The Claude API results were better at breaking things down. It divided the issue into three layers: Investors used to worry about having enough information, now they worry if the information has been packaged by AI; it also reminded me that this structure was inferred from the title, not direct quotes. Here I used ProofRun for verification—it checks if outputs present inferences as facts. It flagged "AI-packaged information" as lacking evidence, requiring subtitle verification. This step was very useful; what I fear most when reading papers is models filling in blanks with made-up content.
I also tried OpenSearch, a retrieval tool, looking for public materials on "Magnetar founder AI investors mindsets." The results were mostly general AI investment sentiment, with no reliable subtitles. Warning ahead: Don't search for second-hand interpretations just to make the answer look pretty; it mixes the original interview with commentary.
Finally, I committed both versions using git. I've used WorkBuddy for about a month, and it still produced the skeleton first this time; on the Claude API side, I only got it running recently. Overall experience: WorkBuddy is great for building skeletons from scratch; the Claude API suits those willing to configure environments and fine-tune prompts. Pros: WorkBuddy requires no coding and exports quickly; the Claude API is controllable and integrates with scripts. Cons: WorkBuddy has fixed formats and stays conservative with un-fed content; the Claude API causes beginners to get stuck on keys, paths, and model selection, and tends to write reasonable inferences as complete narratives.
Who is this for? People reading papers, watching interviews, taking seminar notes, who need to break information down into verifiable cards. Who is this NOT for? People directly using AI summaries to judge markets, fund viewpoints, or write investment advice. Action suggestion: Don't just drop links. Copy out the confirmable title, date, source, and summary from the official site. Use WorkBuddy to create two columns for facts and inferences, then use the Claude API or ProofRun to check for fabrication. If you're short on time, use WorkBuddy; if you need to reproduce the experimental workflow, open the Claude API. My advisor explained it three times and I didn't get it, until I realized it's really that simple: What saves time is making the AI say less.
📌 This article is compiled from Bloomberg Tech. Original: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2026-09-03/magnetar-founder-on-ai-s-impact-on-investors-mindsets-video
Copyright belongs to the original author. This is a compilation and independent analysis based on public reports.
Physix Frontier