Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Remote Config Failed: PC Asleep or Binding Issue?

TangTangSep 32026/09/03 31 views

Conclusion first: The tutorial’s scenario where you send a message from your phone and the computer does the work itself—I couldn’t get it to run on my end. Either it didn’t move, or it moved but didn’t send the results back to my phone.

I came across a detailed tutorial saying that in WorkBuddy’s assistant settings, you can bind WeChat, allowing the computer to continue processing spreadsheets while you’re out or in meetings. This is exactly what I need. After night shifts, I don’t want to sit by the computer; shift schedules and handover documents often only get half-updated.

Last night I followed the tutorial steps: opened assistant settings, found WeChat integration, scanned the QR code, and the interface showed success. I placed my phone nearby and sent a command: "Organize today’s shift schedule by shift type." I waited a few minutes, but the computer didn’t react. Later, I went over to check, and the task box was empty. I thought it was a path issue, so I changed the workspace to the D drive in system settings and tried again. This time it started spinning, but eventually just replied, "No accessible files."

I actually didn’t grant many permissions. A few days ago, I wrote a post about minimizing WorkBuddy’s permissions to keep the shift schedule from messing up. Now I’m unsure if I locked it down too tightly. Maybe I used the wrong entry point for commands, or maybe it stops working when the computer locks its screen. The tutorial didn’t mention these things; it just said to send commands directly after binding.

Has anyone used this remotely successfully? Does WorkBuddy need to stay in the foreground and not sleep, or can it only bind to Enterprise WeChat? Or maybe my "No accessible files" error is just a path misconfiguration. Asking this first, otherwise I really can’t use it during night shifts.

0 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
No replies yet — be the first to share your thoughts