
Can ChatGPT Really Save Three Days on Event Planning?
It depends. It can organize a bunch of chores into usable drafts, but it can't outsource safety responsibility along with them. I've used ChatGPT for just over a month, running both the free and Plus versions. Recently, while preparing students for an outdoor showcase for a campus AI innovation project, I used the ATV Big Air Tour from OpenAI's coverage as a reference to see how "three days of work becomes three hours" actually happens.
First, let me explain ATV, which usually refers to All-Terrain Vehicles, capable of handling mud, grass, and small slopes; some materials also call them off-road beach buggies. Big Air Tour sounds like an outdoor performance or touring event involving venues, vehicles, notifications, and division of labor. In my testing, ChatGPT is best suited for turning the chaotic requirements in your head into a presentable document.
I opened the browser, logged into ChatGPT, and started a new conversation. The interface is plain: history on the left, chat in the middle, input box at the bottom. The first time, I was lazy and just threw in, "Help me create a preparation plan for an ATV Big Air Tour, compressing three days of work into three hours." It replied quickly, including titles, roles, timelines, and notification templates. But the more I looked, the more uneasy I felt. It treated "venue permits," "vehicle maintenance," and "on-site safety officers" lightly, as if sending an email would suffice. When I asked for basis, it started adding details I hadn't requested and couldn't verify.
Later, I changed my approach: first, treat me like a middle school student encountering outdoor projects for the first time, explaining the difference between ATVs and UTVs; then list items requiring manual confirmation within three hours; finally, generate a parent notification. This went much smoother. It explained that ATVs are handlebar-steered straddle-seat vehicles, primarily for single riders, prone to jolting over bumps for beginners; UTVs have steering wheels, side-by-side seats, and roll cages, resembling driving a small car, suitable for families or teams. This case is good for teaching; students immediately understood that different types of off-road vehicles require different organizational methods.
It saves initial effort. You don't have to start from scratch thinking about how to write notifications, list roles, or identify safety tips; just clarify background, goals, and format, and it gives you an editable version. I tried throwing in student role assignments, asking it to break tasks into four roles: photography, recording, questioning, and safety reminders. It was faster than typing manually. For beginners, the learning curve is low; if you can type, you can use it. For teachers, it translates jargon into plain language, which has the highest educational value.
The pitfalls are obvious. It tends to overpromise. When asked to write a plan, it doesn't necessarily know the real requirements of schools, communities, or venues. When asked for route suggestions, it definitely shouldn't be treated as navigation. There's a widely circulated story in the materials about someone getting lost on a remote path in Canada riding an ATV, relying on ChatGPT to find direction based on GPS coordinates. Sounds magical, but I remind students that maps and on-site personnel are the safety baseline; models can only assist understanding. As context grows, it forgets previous constraints. I now habitually repeat each turn: "Do not fabricate regulations, do not assume permits, output only items pending verification."
ChatGPT saves effort in organizing and drafting, but judgment and responsibility cannot be skipped.
So my verdict is recommended, but only for the early preparation stage. Suitable for teachers, club leaders, and novices doing events for the first time, to break down tasks, write notifications, list checklists, and demonstrate to students. Not suitable for directly determining routes, budgets, or safety protocols. I've been experimenting with multi-agent systems with students for the past two weeks; if one agent miscommunicates, the whole team goes off track. So now I trust a single ChatGPT window to clarify boundaries first, then distribute to students.
Next time, I'll still use it for drafting, but I will verify every safety notice item-by-item with the venue manager.
📌 This article is compiled from OpenAI, original source https://openai.com/index/atv-big-air-tour
All rights reserved by the original authors. This is a compilation and independent analysis based on public reports.
Physix Frontier